Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

mastitis, womb infection and now thrush...someone tell me its all gonna get better???

(1 Post)
baba5 Fri 15-Jan-16 12:25:03

So my beautiful boy is 16 days old. Hes doing great, putting on loads of weight and generally just gorgeous.
When he was 2 days old my temperature rocketted and I had to go to maternity unit where they ran lots of tests. A couple of hours later it became clear I had a mastitis infection, was given antibiotics. 5 days later no improvement so changed antibiotics, lots better though boob still sensitive and feels bruised. On Monday had swab results back and told I also have an infection in womb...started more antibiotics. Now this morning I have what I think are symptoms of thrush in boobs and bubs has white spots on roof of mouth 😞

Hoping someone will tell me it will all get better soon? Feeling really fed-up. This is my 5th baby I have never struggled with infections before of any sort, feel like I've been hit by a bus still. So badly want to be back to normality but feel possibly worse than I did just after giving birth.

Words of wisdom much appreciated right now??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now