Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

whats everyone doing with their newborns tomorrow??

(8 Posts)
Doublebubblebubble Thu 24-Dec-15 11:24:29

Bit of an odd question but because my DD (6) was born in January her first Xmas consisted of her sitting at the table, albeit in her highchair, eating Xmas dinner... My ds will be 10 weeks tomorrow I was thinking of having him in a sling (he's ebf and I'm making dinner) or just having him in a bouncer... What are you guys doing??

ANiceSliceOfCake Thu 24-Dec-15 11:52:05

My DS isn't exactly a newborn, he's 18 weeks but still too small for a high chair. We are going to MIL for lunch, we are taking the baby bouncer but in reality with myself or DH will end up holding him eating one handed and swap half way through grin

Doublebubblebubble Thu 24-Dec-15 12:50:18

That's probably what's going to happen here lol my dinner is going to be cold isn't it

Frolicacid Thu 24-Dec-15 12:54:30

We are going to my sisters. 17 week old Ds will probably be on someone's lap the whole time. There will be loads of us, so plenty of willing laps.
He probably won't get left alone for second, not have a decent nap, become ridiculously over tired and scream all evening. Joyous!

SerenityReynolds Thu 24-Dec-15 12:57:52

We've bought a load of M&S buffet type food, so will just keep a steady stream of treats coming out of the oven. I'll probably be sat feeding on the sofa for most of the day anyway! (DD2 is 3 weeks on Saturday). Watch lots of DVDs with DD1. Going to my parents on Boxing Day for a turkey dinner fsmile

Toast85 Thu 24-Dec-15 13:01:10

Dd is 15 weeks and will either be in her bouncy chair on floor beside me or more likely someone will be holding her. My parents are cooking so DH and I will alternate holding baby and helping with veg prep in the morning I expect. And trying to give her some quiet time so we don't end up with shrieking baby time by 6pm!

Luckystar1 Thu 24-Dec-15 13:19:40

DS was 8 weeks at Christmas last year. We didn't host dinner and it was lovely to eat with 2 hands while someone else held him.

I did cry when we got home as his first Christmas was over, I felt like I hadn't seen him and he smelled of someone else's perfume.

This year, I can assure you, I will not be crying!!!

cowssheephens Thu 24-Dec-15 13:26:09

Our first year with DCs (11 months and newborn) and we somehow managed to get them both sleeping and we managed to eat a hot Christmas dinner! Felt guilty putting 11 months to sleep but she wouldn't have been able to eat Christmas dinner due to severe allergies and try to remind myself that. Congratulations with your newborns.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now