Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just Mumming 9- We're suffering the curse of Mel B, ST syndrome and the rise of the sleep snatchers. We've all had enough and would just like a good JS.

(1000 Posts)
PixieChops Mon 19-Oct-15 07:54:36

Morning Viroids

Welcome to the 9th Just Mumming Fred.

Pop your credentials down or not:

Name: Pixie
Pests: 2- P (girl) 17 months old, R (boy) 4 months old
Things I can't do anymore- have a crap in peace, drink a hot drink, do any housework, shag ST, sleep, take naps.

Things I can do- carry a toddler, baby, dirty bottles and nappies down the stairs all at once, put a double pram up in 20 seconds, have a shower inc washing and shaving in under 5 mins. Be coco the clown on 26 mins sleep.

Minion Mon 19-Oct-15 09:04:21

Name:minion
Rugrat:1, 10 months this week
Knackered scale:9.9
Status of leg hair: bordering on jungle.
Currently being used as a climbing frame, chew toy, muslin square and head torturer based on loudness of whinge when being changed and plonked in high chair.

My last week at home.

So naturally I've chosen this week to learn how to sew, yesterday I made christmas bunting. Was quite successful.
Why didn't I take this up ages ago?

R can now climb stairs.
Sigh..

Following on from previous Fred, we weaned at 17 weeks as r was only taking half her daily milk, she was over the moon with solids, still is.
And she's dropped to two bottles a day so that'll make nursery less of a worry.

ZylaB Mon 19-Oct-15 09:06:46

Name: Zyla
Babies: one, H who is 8 months, but going to start trying for number 2 in a couple of months because I'm an idiot! smile

Fleurchamp Mon 19-Oct-15 09:30:42

Name: Fleur
Babies: 1, 3 months and likely to be an only if he doesn't sleeeeeep

Weaning - HV told me to try to hang on until 6 months, if I want to do it earlier to speak to them for advice on foods.

I am dreading the food in eyebrow stage.

Fleurchamp Mon 19-Oct-15 09:31:21

Have a great day zyla

We have baby massage - S has screamed through the last two sessions sad

Pisghetti Mon 19-Oct-15 09:33:46

Name: Pis
Mother of a 7 month old and a 14 year old. Trying for #3 in 2017! Hoping to get a full night's sleep before then hollow laugh

We had a dreadful start to the night until I eventually brought her in with me and we got a few hours. She is still spark out. Giving booby group a miss as I don't want to infect all the other babies blush the lack of social interaction might just tip me over the edge though!

purplewhale Mon 19-Oct-15 13:11:41

Name: purplewhale
DC: B aged 6 weeks tomorrow.

If we do have a 2nd we're not thinking about it until late 2016 so 2017 hopefully.

We've been to baby massage this morning, B seemed to like it. I must keep it up at home too.
Baby group next, need to set off in a minute but I also want a nap!

LaLaLaaaa Mon 19-Oct-15 13:37:24

Morning!

La, 35, mum to B who is 12 weeks tomorrow. He's currently asleep which makes a frigging laughing stock out of my night times when he wakes up lots for no particular reason.

Things I'm now amazing at - washing and drying hair at lightning speed, eating with one hand, peeing only once a day, changing nappies without getting it on the baby's feet and expressing 150ml of milk in 5 minutes.

Things I can no longer do - sleep, anything sexual, pee in peace, sleep, anything considered to be relaxation as he gives me just long enough to do chores then wakes up as my cup of tea is made.

Trying for #2 in 2016, so hopefully microLa will arrive 2017. Madness!

Just been to baby group - first time B has taken an interest in the toys and also the music bus bit at the end. Was fun! Got to eat cake and drink tea whilst nattering. Now bunking down for a long afternoon of pulling funny faces, jogging a baby up and down on my shoulder and avoiding overtired meltdowns!

LaLaLaaaa Mon 19-Oct-15 13:38:03

Min how are you feeling about going back to work?

Minion Mon 19-Oct-15 15:12:37

I'm looking forward to adult conversation but I'm going to miss someone smiling at me when I call her name.

I can't get her to nap today for love nor money. She normally has 1:20 in the morn and an hour in the afternoon. Today I've manged 30 mins then the dreaded 45

SnapdragonAzZ09 Mon 19-Oct-15 15:13:02

Thanks for the new thread, Pixie. Sorry for being out of action for a few days, have been reading but haven't had time to post proper responses.

Snapdragon, old and tired, mother to two boys who have started ganging up on me: three year old P and 14 week old R.

Was sorry to read about poorly babies. Bronchiolitis and throat infections sound awful. Hope everyone is on the mend now.

Re. Weaning we started a week shy if 6 months. It's messy but fun. Have your camera ready! P was happy to eat everything. He then became a toddler and quickly worked out that good refusal is an excellent way of controlling the 'rents.

SnapdragonAzZ09 Mon 19-Oct-15 15:13:53

Food refusal, even

SnapdragonAzZ09 Mon 19-Oct-15 15:27:05

Feeling a bit despondent. We live in a flat and I have struggled up and down 4 flights of stairs with prams, buggies, shopping through two pregnancies and two babies. We desperately want to move and have a garden for the boys but are having no luck. The best house was the very first one we saw and by the time we'd seen a few more to compare it to, it had gone. We've now seen about 10 places and finally put an offer in on a lovely house on a Friday, only for it to turn into some kind of crazy bidding war with people offering many tens of thousands over the asking price, and we just can't compete with that. It's looking like we're stuck here for a while longer. Boo.

Fleurchamp Mon 19-Oct-15 16:41:50

That sounds awful snap I complain about the 5 steps up to my house and having to bump the pram up and down. I hope you find somewhere soon.

I arranged to see my dad today. I texted him yesterday to confirm arrangements and to say I would bring food for lunch. I didn't hear back and was calling him all morning to no avail.

I went round anyway and found my poor dad laying on the floor - he put his back out yesterday afternoon and couldn't get up sad his partner is away visiting her daughter. Poor thing, I managed to get him up and get the dr to prescribe muscle relaxants over the phone for me to collect. Scary! It made me realise that my parents won't be around forever sad

We talk about #2 - part of me thinks we should just do it next year and get the whole baby stage out of the way in one go. pixie talk me out of it, pllllleeease grin

teejayem Mon 19-Oct-15 16:56:11

OooOh new Fred!
Name: tee

One DS, (tiny tee) who is 19 weeks on Wednesday.

<glugs gin>

Things I can't do:
Sleep
Count
Control myself shopping For baby clothes
Fit into any of my nice winter clothes from pre preg.
Keep all living creatures under my roof happy at once.
Be arsed to start weaning

Things I can do
Make up excellent songs to narrate the day for tiny tee
Sit up trawling the Internet for bargains between TTs two hourly wake ups
Still manage to cook. Just.
Breastfeed like a ninja in a sling

Just had a call from a birth trauma midwife, I've got to go in and have what's left of my pelvic floor and the arts and crafts assessed, and I can have a birth debrief if I want it at the same time . This is in addition to the surgeon assessing the arts and crafts integrity in December. I don't really want to go through it all again. I'm not relishing the thought of having the San Andreas fault poked about, and I don't really want a finger up my arse. I'm not sure if having a debrief will help, I understand what happened and I understand why it happened to me, I'm just pissed off that it ended how it did and knowing what I know now could have just asked for a CS at the outset. I'm also pissed off it still upsets me so much. Ugh.
<wanders off to next website with credit card for pity purchases>

Fleurchamp Mon 19-Oct-15 18:27:51

Oh tee sad you poor thing. I knew your injuries were bad but shock

My ** child will not *** sleep. He screamed like a banshee because I had the audacity to try to put him down for a nap.

No sleep since 6am. I am so fricking tired. Where the hell does he gets his energy from?

Seriously considering getting professional help, for both me and him.

RPopz Mon 19-Oct-15 18:58:27

Placemarking. Stuck in land of no signal and ILs angry

DulcetMoans Mon 19-Oct-15 21:12:52

Name: Dulcet
DC: one 13 week old DS (J)

No fucking idea why everyone is talking about #2 already. Read over these threads again, this shit be hard y'all! What's wrong with you?!

Bad combination popz!

Sounds like a crappy day out tee. Those birth afterthoughts services are good but don't know if is ever be ready for it. I feel the same as you - know why it happened, just annoyed that it did. (I'm also in trouble for late-night, one-handed online purchases!)

Your poor dad fleur, and what a scare for you! Is his partner come back to look after him? Have you looked into sleep consultants where you are? I keep seeing one pop up in comments and ads near us that I'm keeping in my mind but don't think DH would go for it.

Buying a house is a pain in the arse snap, I know two people been buying since April/May and still not in! Hope you find somewhere soon. I'm trying to avoid right move as I'm starting to want out!

One of my cats misses us a lot, I can tell. She's very needy and at my feet as soon as I put DS down. I want to love her more but I just don't have the arms to do it all! Hopefully we will get more time for evening hugs when the baby sleeps more. hollow laugh. Whenever that is.

Toast85 Mon 19-Oct-15 21:16:02

Hello just checking in to place mark
Toast85
30 years old
1 small human (female form), 5 and a bit weeks old. Likes boob and baths. Hates getting undressed.
1 cat. Still not sure about baby but willing to let her stay for now.

purplewhale Mon 19-Oct-15 21:32:10

Dulcet you made me laugh there, this shit indeed be hard.
Fleur hope your dad is ok. More stress that you don't need though. Gx for some sleep tonight thanks
Popz hope you haven't killed MrPopz or the ILs
Tee you're having a rough time. Would it help bring closure? I'd be tempted to go, and see what they say. Don't fear the ELCS though, it's calm and predictable. I'd have another despite Leakgate*
Gx for some sleep tonight ladies

B had a bath tonight to get rid of the sick in his hair. I used a bit of top to toe wash on his hair. It was too much for plain water! Not sure when you're meant to use bubble bath etc though.
He's got cradle cap and very dry skin on his forehead. All I had was baby oil so I've put a bit on. I need to get some moisturiser for him. Any recommendations?

ZylaB Mon 19-Oct-15 21:41:31

Purple, bepanthen do a moisturiser which we used on some dry skin and was nice smile

SnapdragonAzZ09 Mon 19-Oct-15 21:51:57

Fleur, your poor dad, how frightening that must have been for him (and you). Thank goodness he didn't need to go to A&E. Some people are resistant to them as it makes them feel old, but would he consider a pendant alarm if it's something that's likely to happen again?

House hunting was exciting at first but now just fucking annoying. We've got a buyer on ours, survey done, but I reckon we're going to lose them at this rate. And then have to go through the whole palaver of trying to keep the flat tidy for viewings again - it was a bloody nightmare, I had to put poo-covered toddler clothes and vomit-covered baby clothes in the wardrobe as there was nowhere else to hide them.

Tee I don't know the details about your labour but clearly it was very traumatic, you poor thing. Do you think a debrief would help you to put it behind you at all or would it just upset you? I really hope things have started healing better than it feels.

Fleur does S scream particularly hard when laid on his back? It can be a sign of severe reflux, the acid coming back up can be very painful. I know he has Gaviscon already...It can also be a sign of an ear infection but if he's not showing any other signs like high temperature, etc then unlikely I guess. That's such a long time to go without sleep, you must both be beside yourselves. Big hugs x

PixieChops Mon 19-Oct-15 23:02:38

I have an amazing cure/ remedy for cradle cap. Please don't all spout about it because it's my own creation and it fucking works wonders and I want to bottle that shit and sell it but seeing as I like you lot I'll tell you for free because I'm a really nice kind person:

2 tbsps of olive oil
10 drops teetree oil
10 drops of lavender oil.

Rub on cradle cap an hour before bed. My daughter had quite bad cradle cap and that cleared it up within 2 days. Both essential oils are mild enough to use on delicate baby skin and should not irritate: I'm an aromatherapist so I know stuffs. You only need a bit so put the rest in the fridge if you have any spare.

Tee that doesn't sound like a fun day for you love. I had to stop CBT because it made my issues worse talking about them because it kept dragging old shite up. Will you get closure from it do you think?
Snap-* sorry to hear of your house woes. Just think there must be something even better out there for you and think positive. I find affirmations help when I want something so saying something positive everyday such as "Today I'm going to find the house of my dreams and it'll have x bedrooms and a lovely big garden" write it down and read it every day. I'm a big believer that whatever you ask for you get. Which is why when people are negative it kind of wears me down. If you're negative more negative shite happens. Be positive and positive stuff happens!

Omg Fleur I really hope your dad is ok! How is he now? Bless him, hope he's better soon that must've been such a shock for him.
With regards to having two. Some days I hate it and some days I love it. In a way I'm glad I've got it out of the way in one fail swoop. Plus they'll be perfect playmates for each other when they get older.
The first 12 weeks were hell on earth but it got loads better until R got ill and stopped sleeping through.

That's the only reason why I go to baby groups- for the tea and biscuits La, glad you had a good time though, it's so important for your sanity just to get out. Plus you get to sit with a load of other mums and bounce ideas of each other or just have a good ole moaning session!

Dulcet it is fucking hard! Hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life and I've worked for some right slave drivers.

Min what is it you do? I'm looking forward to starting work again. I haven't worked in over a year and feel like the laziest bitch ever. This is the longest I've not worked since being 13.

purplewhale Mon 19-Oct-15 23:52:19

Thanks Pixie I'll try it tomorrow

Snap, hope you get your house situation sorted. Can you rent so you don't lose your buyer? Or stay with family til you find somewhere. I sympathise though. We rented after I sold my house as DH had not sold his so we moved twice in 6 months which was mega stressful!

PixieChops Tue 20-Oct-15 07:07:02

Huzzah!! R must be feeling better as he's back into his sleep routine! grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.