Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

upset about photos

(2 Posts)
Giraffe5 Mon 12-Oct-15 00:39:01

Is anyone else becoming a little obsessed with photos? I keep seeing lovely photos of newborns and wishing I'd captured the same pose with my baby. I had this feeling with dd1 and now dd2 is here, I feel guilty I didn't take more of her and then hate that I can't get the same with dd2. We had some professional ones done of dd2 last week and I feel guilty we don't have the same for dd1.

RitaConnors Sun 25-Oct-15 06:14:11

We didn't take any photos in the hospital with dd2 as she looked so like dd1 we didn't see the point...

We are moving at the moment and I just came across a whole album of photos of dd1 from birth to about 8 months. I thought 'what was I thinking!' When I found them! Life isn't about capturing moments for photos. I didn't take any photos when I screamed dd1's name as she ran the 1500 at district athletics and I didn't take a single one when dd2 was the main part in the play at school because I wanted to watch her and take it all in.

You shouldn't go feel guilty about what you do or don't do as there is so much more to happen! I felt guilty when I couldn't breast feed but I listened to her read every night and took the day off for cross country.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: