Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012- Jingle Bells tantrums smell mummy needs some wine...

(1000 Posts)
Pikz Wed 10-Dec-14 09:14:03

Just to start us off..

PetiteRaleuse Wed 10-Dec-14 10:13:19

Well done pikz lovely Christmassy poetry.

YellowWellies Wed 10-Dec-14 10:52:42

Love the thread title!!!!

Passmethecrisps Wed 10-Dec-14 13:23:53

Title could not be more perfect!

Pikz Wed 10-Dec-14 13:40:54

gringrin

BigPigLittlePig Wed 10-Dec-14 13:58:11

grin

Wandathewindfairy Wed 10-Dec-14 15:18:49

Perfect missus fgrin

MsJupiter Wed 10-Dec-14 18:37:59

Checking in smile

Elizadoesdolittle Wed 10-Dec-14 18:53:04

fsmile

PetiteRaleuse Wed 10-Dec-14 19:51:54

I have had a horrible day with the kidz. Injuries (mainly minor) noise (lots of) and general Wednesday nightmares.

And tomorrow DH is out all evening. Am exhausted.

StuntNun Wed 10-Dec-14 20:06:43

Thanks for starting the new thread Pikz, I dropped the ball there. This is the first fred I haven't started in two and a half years! Can I officially retire now?

Kyz Wed 10-Dec-14 20:18:40

Hey all - shiny new fred! I did read the old one and have some replies to that...

thanks for the advice re: e and his frustrating behaviour - i've tried to ignore much of it today, and he's seemingly worse BUT i'll persevere because he's often worse for a bit first when i'm trying something out. He's throwing again today because i'm not reacting to him pushing buttons and flicking the light on and off etc

yw my mum takes tramadol permanently (she has a really bad back) and I remember when she first had it or when they upped her dose she'd go all woozy for a bit, I think it must be good shizzle as she was out like a light and seemingly away with the fairies quite a bit!

I had my 16 week mw appt today, i'm sure when I had e they listened for a hb but they didn't this time. I did express my concern at lack of feeling movement but she dismissed it as completely fine and not to worry. So i'm trying not to worry. I should have a private scan next thursday anyway (dp wants to take a sneaky peak at the gender) so i've not got long to wait until we see baby again.

Hmmm... e has woken up twice now screaming, and he only went to bed at seven. He keeps saying he's crying (Which i'm well aware of lol) and 'bird' is the only other word I can work out! He woke crying at 5:30am too, and i settled him, it's unusual for him to wake crying, and then again at 6:30am when he seemed distraught. DP went into him and settled him with some reassurance but said he was soaking wet so I am assuming bad dreams? Do I just keep reassuring him when he wakes etc? I'm reluctant to bring him in with me if he wakes in the night as I don't want him to get used to it and start refusing to go into his cot.

Passmethecrisps Wed 10-Dec-14 20:28:53

Just making potato and bacon gratin with evaporated milk 2 years past its use by date. That'll be ok, yeah?

PetiteRaleuse Wed 10-Dec-14 20:29:39

kyz I didn't feel movement with dd1 until 20 weeks exactly, and with LO until 22 weeks. Anterior placenta both times and generally maybe just not sensitive to it. At 16 weeks I really really wouldn't worry at all. At my 20w scan for LO the ob gyn couldn't believe I couldn't feel her she was galloping all over the shop. I went back a few days later. And again a few days later, as I couldn't feel her and panicked a lot bit. Over here we get scans on tap. I had them every 4 weeks til 34 weeks when we moved to every two weeks. Then at 38 w with dd1 they were every few days. Was considered high risk but even so. I loved it. And he was just round the corner from work. The slightest wibble I went in. It was fab.

PetiteRaleuse Wed 10-Dec-14 20:31:33

Should warn you gender uncertain til 20w. Ob gyn guessed right at 16 each time but always dbl checked at 20.

Passmethecrisps Wed 10-Dec-14 20:31:34

Sounds like bad dreams kyz. Poor wee things they must be so scared when they don't understand what is happening

PetiteRaleuse Wed 10-Dec-14 20:32:39

Yes pass I think evaporated milk lasts forever. <vom>

I don't like milk much.

PetiteRaleuse Wed 10-Dec-14 20:33:54

I wasn't being sarcastic it does last forever.

And yy I think bad dreams too kyz sorry rambling, popped half a xanax to get me through the evening blush

YellowWellies Wed 10-Dec-14 20:38:05

Kyz I didn't feel J until 22 weeks, I felt Lilla at 15 but the MW said that was very early and likely due to the demolition job her brother did on any semblance I may once have had of abdominal muscles

Passmethecrisps Wed 10-Dec-14 20:39:26

It was slightly browny yellow but tasted alright as far as these things go. The recipe needed cream and k am Damned if I am buying cream when I have 5 year old milk to use

PetiteRaleuse Wed 10-Dec-14 21:00:30

<fingers in ears at 5yo milk>

YellowWellies Wed 10-Dec-14 21:14:17

Boak.... reminds me of the street food I avoided like the plague in Hong Kong called 1000 year old eggs. Basically elderly eggs smoked in wood ash. Boak.

BigPigLittlePig Wed 10-Dec-14 21:29:43

Ladies ladies envy envy envy

I was all excited to catch up on the thread, and got confronted with stinky old milk and bad egg chat. Gross!

Zamboni Wed 10-Dec-14 21:42:57

I came in to say hi quiche but also have to edge away at the milk chat. I knew I properly loved my DC when I could tolerate their formula breath burps in my face and not immediately vomit in response. There are no other people on this earth I would permit near me with milky burpy breath. Urgh.

Pikz - FAB thread title!

Hoping VQ is ok with the weather up there?

BP hope you are doing ok. Offer to do anything that might be helpful stands.

Passmethecrisps Wed 10-Dec-14 21:43:31

Relax!

The gratin was a triumph!

As is my use of store cupboard ingredients it would seem.

This thread is not accepting new messages.