Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - Halloween costumes anyone?

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Wed 15-Oct-14 21:58:18

Previous thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/postnatal_clubs/2179741-November-2012-The-nights-are-drawing-in-again

StuntNun Wed 15-Oct-14 21:58:42

J will be a dinosaur this year. grin

Wandathewindfairy Thu 16-Oct-14 07:02:42

O is a pumpkin.

Pikz Thu 16-Oct-14 08:02:36

L is going as postman pat....

Pikz Thu 16-Oct-14 10:55:30

Good work lily

Lily311 Thu 16-Oct-14 10:56:28

Well done pikz. O will be a ghost. Or an angel. Or a princess. Or some fucking fairy. We have a dress up box full of my 8 yr old goddaughter's costumes. Awful sight.

PetiteRaleuse Thu 16-Oct-14 11:37:27

Gah I need to get a costume for my two. One of them will be Snow White. She will also be Snow White at mardi gras next year. I have two Snow White costumes maybe I can fit both of them into them.

Otherwise I don't know. I haven't been asked to volunteer to shepherd children round the village begging for sweets so maybe it is just for older children and maybe we won't need a costume at all <hopeful>

fruitpastilles Thu 16-Oct-14 11:45:39

S was a witch last year. I think she will be a spider this year, although we don't have any plans as yet anyway so I might get away with not dressing her up this year.

YellowWellies Thu 16-Oct-14 11:59:28

Jonas will be a Jedi knight. He's discovered Star Wars and loves it.

isles7 Thu 16-Oct-14 12:45:21

M will be a minion. I'm going to see Ed Sheeran that night!

isles7 Thu 16-Oct-14 12:45:42

assuming no other childcare plans fall through, hmmph

jessiepercy79 Thu 16-Oct-14 12:54:05

Molly has been a little madam this year and is refusing to be anything other than a dog (seeing as she wants one so much)!

On the subject of Halloween, has anyone got any tasty treats to recommend?

Molly is in love with Rowntree Random's! Do your little devils like these too? Or shall I get something else?

MsJupiter Thu 16-Oct-14 13:58:48

I wanted to get L the Sainsbury's pumpkin costume but they sold out super quick. Mind you we aren't going to any parties so he doesn't really need one! I just like the idea of dressing him up.

Elizadoesdolittle Thu 16-Oct-14 14:50:47

I am going to be very dull this year and hope Halloween just passes us by unnoticed. I am babysitting DN that night so no Halloween parties for us. Might do a pick a pumpkin thing at half term for DD1 to carve but that's as far as I will go.

Passmethecrisps Thu 16-Oct-14 15:18:44

Cm dressed the kids up last year so I bought a cat costume. Not sure what she will be this year

izzybizzybuzzybees Thu 16-Oct-14 15:47:33

J was a dinosaur last year. As it's his birthday we split the day up. He's tigger this year!

PetiteRaleuse Thu 16-Oct-14 15:56:06

jessie I don't know rowntree randoms. What are they? <pricks ears for news of

Whoop whoop LO's birthday tea at nursery has been cancelled for tomorrow which means I don't have to get up at 6 to bake cakes and prepare party bags.

I will do it the week we get back from holiday. Phew. hope the cake mix is still before its best before date blush I don't do fropm scratch cakes for nursery parties. And as we will be away I won't be making a homemade cake either. I will go to the nearest baker on Sunday morning and buy something pretty.

YellowWellies Thu 16-Oct-14 16:34:00

Its J's 2nd birthday next Thursday (and Lilla's due date on Saturday) we're off to the transport museum in Glasgow, and on Saturday having a wee party at a local soft play / ceramics painting cafe for his pals. Its more than I'd want to spend (£8 per head) but they cater, tidy, even cut the cake so we figured with a newborn it was definitely a good lazy option!

Passmethecrisps Thu 16-Oct-14 16:44:21

P and I were at a pottery painting/soft play this morning painting a mug for my brother's 40th birthday. P had a ball!

This afternoon we have baked flapjacks. I say we. P said "no want cookan" but was amused by the grease proof paper. I had been feeling guilty about her going to nursery tomorrow as she is a bit snotty herself. However, she has started repeating the names of her key workers and the children she likes. I said "do you want to go to nursery tomorrow?" To which she replied with a resounding "yas!!!"

No guilt here then!

Zamboni Thu 16-Oct-14 18:09:52

Found you! This is currently S's fav game, me 'hiding' and him yelling "found you" when he does!

Good thread killing Lily.

flowers to all of you. Life can be hard for a number of reasons. I do think of those of you struggling with TTC, grieving, missing parents, on your own, etc often. flowers

DH has made 2 mummy friends at playgroup and one was here when I got home from work with her 3mo. S kept trying to share his dinner with the baby (share is our newest word). Work is tough at the mo - Isles I am doing a similar no of hours at the mo, get home, shove kids in bed and work some more. Took DD to view a school this morning. They get big so fast!

DD has informed me she will be a princess (wtf happened to my tomboy?) and S has the choice of pirate, dinosaur, chef or wizard. We do a lot of dressing up!

isles7 Thu 16-Oct-14 18:41:56

Yep zamboni that is pretty much our routine here. Sometimes with a 30 mile drive thrown in to cheat bedtime blush

I've just had possibly the most awkward moment of my life in tescos when I (well DD actually) ran into the man I went home with a few weekends ago. He wants to do it again shock

PetiteRaleuse Thu 16-Oct-14 19:50:17

Is he worth you isles ?

If so yay! <vicarious single living>

ChasingDaisy Thu 16-Oct-14 20:15:58

No Halloween costumes here. Will do a pumpkin but that's it.

PR I'll send you some Rowntrees Randoms (probably by Christmas if my last posting task is anything to go by...) You'll like them.

PetiteRaleuse Thu 16-Oct-14 20:34:07

Merci chasing

French practice.

QuicheMama Thu 16-Oct-14 21:36:23

Hello little ones and not so little ones smile

J will be a pumpkin as his two older siblings were.

His word of the day is 'sowwy' and he has said it a lot. He can also now say DD2s name properly. She is very proud.

The kids have ruddy cheeks and are exhausted with all this sea air. J has skinned his skinned knee over and over again poor boy.

This thread is not accepting new messages.