Waswondering Sun 11-Jun-06 20:56:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
LilacWine Mon 12-Jun-06 14:40:53

hi waswondering!
how are you and Rachel doing?

(formerly LilacBump)

SuperSaint Mon 12-Jun-06 18:00:37

I am allowed on this? Adam was due 1 June but was born 27 May - should I be on the May thread? I don't know anyone on the May thread and can't be bothered to read all the threads to get to know everyone so let me stay on here - please

Adam doesn't like this heat and is sleeping loads - much to the disappointment of DD who wants to change his nappy every 10 mins!

Lilac - how's Ethan doing? I can't believe he is so big - Adam is now 7 lbs 4 oz so he'll probably be Ethan's size when he's about 3 months old!!

Waswondering Mon 12-Jun-06 18:47:20

LilacWine Mon 12-Jun-06 19:34:22

ethan's doing well. we switched bottles (avent to mam) as the avent ones were giving him terrible wind and he cried with pain. never had that with DD. we're trying to get into a routine with him. he's been having a feed every 3-4 hours and sleeping in between. today he's had a span of being awake and alert for a whole 3 hours! he's being weighed on thursday. he's able to support his head quite well already as he's such a strong lad.

LilacWine Mon 12-Jun-06 19:37:05

also, ethan is in bodysuits size 3-6 months... the 0-3 months ones are too tight

Waswondering Wed 14-Jun-06 13:19:04

tribpot Wed 14-Jun-06 13:24:35

Congratulations June 2006 ladies, from a June 2005er. And I can confirm that according to our rules, even May babies who were due in June are allowed to have their mums post on the June post-natal thread (as well as July babies at the other end of the spectrum).

SuperSaint Wed 14-Jun-06 18:59:56

Thanks Tribpot - It's nice to know that I'm officially allowed to be on this thread!!

It does seem very quiet on here - I guess the others will move over here once the antenatal thread finishes and everyone has babies.

DH is off work again this week as his 2nd week of paternity leave. I can already see that I am going to struggle in the early evening without his help. Adam seems to want a feed when DD is either eating her tea or in the bath or going to bed and wanting a story. Without DH's help (he doesn't get home from work till 7.15ish) it will be hard to organise.

Other than that Adam is still doing very well. DD still seems really pleased with her "little brother" and wants to help with every nappy change, bath etc.

ladyschaefer Thu 15-Jun-06 11:49:35

Hey ladies, how are you all doing? Hope your little ones are all doing well.

Kaleb is good BF really well and is really laid back. After having a highly strung baby the first time round it's a god send. He actually sleeps which my DD didnt do much.

Taking a little longer to feel myself this time,n ot healing as quickly but he was well worth it.

LilacWine Thu 15-Jun-06 12:25:23

DS was weighed this morning and he's now 11 lbs 10 oz at 12 days old midwife said he was the heaviest baby to have been weighed on her scales.

Waswondering Sat 17-Jun-06 20:06:47

Laura032004 Tue 20-Jun-06 10:47:16

How's everything going with the June 06 babies? We've had a few more births over the last days, so hopefully you'll have some new joiners soon!

LilacWine Tue 20-Jun-06 12:02:45

DS is doing well. he's sleeping a lot better at night.
now we're getting into a bit of a routine with him, i've just got to get the housework, school run and finances organised again as it's all a big mess atm and DP is going back to work on sunday!

Mitchell81 Tue 20-Jun-06 13:55:49

Decided I had better join you now, Ashton is so good, just sleeps and eats and awake for short periods. But I suppose he is only 4 days old, so early days so will enjoy it while it lasts.
I started expressing yesterday and am managing to give him half my EBM and half formula. So I feel he is at least getting some of the benefits breastmilk.
I feel less sore today and have been out of bed all day, but still taking it easy.

Mitchell81 Tue 20-Jun-06 14:00:08

waswondering: elective C/s was in Aberdeen and I was very pleased with everything from pre-surgery to been allowed home. I remember having more pain the last time, but maybe that was due to the fact that I had a 12 hour labour beforehand. How are you feeling now? I can't wait until I can sit up in bed from lying down without pain.

Waswondering Tue 20-Jun-06 17:28:07

Mitchell81 Wed 21-Jun-06 10:10:10

waswondering: Yes glad to get home, much easier at home with Dh to do all the running around. On the 2nd night I did all the night time feeds and nappy changes, so I thought whats the point in staying in hospital. Only problem is midwife saying he looks abit jaundice, and it doesn't seem to be fading. Hoping it clears soon, otherwise we might have to go back into AMH. Getting my staples out today and he is getting his heel prick test. Glad to hear you are up and about, is your dh still at home or back to work?

Waswondering Wed 21-Jun-06 11:10:05

docket Wed 21-Jun-06 12:43:53

Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me joining you - DD (Ruby) was born on Monday.

Had a relatively straightforward birth so am feeling reasonably okay, just tired. Had a few issues with feeding first thing but things seem to be improving although my nipples are killing me, feel like I'm walking round with some clothes pegs on them or something! I'm sure it hurt this much at first last time and then got better so I live in hope...

I have a DS who is 20 months, he's reacting fine to DD so far although it's early days of course.

Have decided June is a good time to have a baby. Hope you're all enjoying the nice (ish) weather and your little ones.

Waswondering Wed 21-Jun-06 14:18:11

mrsbabookaloo Fri 23-Jun-06 14:32:08

Hi, just want to say hello and join the thread, although I don't think I'll be able to keep up with reading and posting for a few weeks. Lulu is sleeping now: she doesn't sleep at all at night and last night was especially bad. I was out walking her in the pushchair at 6am and we were both in tears. So now she's asleep, i should get some sleep too. Hope everyone else is coping.

LilacWine Fri 23-Jun-06 14:35:57

hi all!
we had the first visit from the health visitor. and surprisingly it is a man! and a very nice one too! he said DS is growing well (12lbs now) and he gave us some tips on how to deal with DS' colic.
i can't believe it's been three weeks tomorrow since his birth!

Waswondering Fri 23-Jun-06 19:28:51

Waswondering Fri 23-Jun-06 21:40:20

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in