We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - Crawling? Already? Uh-oh!

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Mon 24-Jun-13 22:05:43

Previous thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/postnatal_clubs/1779903-November-2012-The-weaning-adventure-continues

BigPigLittlePig Thu 27-Jun-13 21:49:59

<dons PJs and thermals>

<checks ear defenders are in top working order>

<trundles off to the shed>

Only joking.

FC for a better night. My brain cell is turning to cotton wool with these dodgy nights. 4 sleeps til I'm back at work confused

ValiumQueen Thu 27-Jun-13 21:50:49

I was just glad it was her nose not Js. At least DD1 has not swallowed any more teeth today. DH told her she had to dig it out of her poo in order to get the money from the tooth fairy. I said a note would suffice.

Considering the price of childcare I cannot understand how anybody would want to defer school entrance.

Pass could you put a pic of the rash up on FB when you get a chance? The white dot is the bit that makes me think it is a bit more than a viral rash. Hope the teeth come through soon.

Thank you for your kind messages smile

StuntNun Thu 27-Jun-13 21:54:34

J won't sleep, he's just crying and crying. I left him to it for ten minutes but it just for louder and more desperate. DS1 has been disowned, he's been a complete nightmare this week. He's 10 going on 3. J picked up one of his teddies and DS1 was screaming 'give it back give it back' like a toddler, he had a full on temper tantrum yesterday after something went wrong in one of his games, he has soaked DS2's bed twice this week after bedtime, I've been trying to get him to practice for his trumpet exam on Saturday and it's like pulling teeth - he's constantly trying to get out of it. And DH wants me to take him karting tomorrow at a cost of £50? Fuck that, I'd rather spend the £50 getting 'I am a dick' tattooed on his forehead.

ValiumQueen Thu 27-Jun-13 22:04:28

Oh stunt that sounds rotten (((((hug))))) I vote take him to MacDonalds and spend the rest on new shoes x as for J have you given him calpol? May be worth a try?

StuntNun Thu 27-Jun-13 22:21:55

Calpol'd and asleep within 15 minutes thanks VQ. Have unloaded and unpacked the shopping, put dishwasher on, washed up, let dog out and am now running a bath. Phew. Just got to organise the Tesco delivery for tomorrow and I can go to bed.

Kyzordz Thu 27-Jun-13 22:23:05

stunt that sounds really tough, big hugs. I can understand why you don't want to take ds1 karting after his behaviour, is karting a treat for after his exam?

Was also going to suggest calpol for j if you've not tried it already. Hope you get some sleep sad

Kyzordz Thu 27-Jun-13 22:23:38

Cross posted, glad he's asleep now stunt smile

TheDetective Thu 27-Jun-13 22:50:54

The bedding is washed, ironed, and back on the bed. And there is a fragrant candle lit.

He must have done something reeeeeeeally bad for this level to have been reached.

Even caught him polishing food splash marks off the vase on the dining room table earlier. hmm

This is a man who hasn't seen dirt for 3.5 years.

Should I be concerned?!

Night all! Babies - SLEEP! Mummies - SLEEP! Daddies - we don't fucking care as long as you don't snore or steal the duvet. Sorry Luis grin

LuisGarcia Thu 27-Jun-13 22:51:59

s'areet, I understand

TheDetective Thu 27-Jun-13 22:53:02

Fast work dude!

ValiumQueen Thu 27-Jun-13 22:57:50

Good news Stunt. I have never had to use the calpol card with the girls as I could settle them without, unless they had a fever obviously. But boy is a different story. I guess he experiences pain differently (littleman-flu).

Detective I think I would be worried a leetle bit too, but I think he just wants a good old shagging.

Bryzoan Thu 27-Jun-13 22:59:55

<wonders if luis would be offended at being called an honorary mummy in these circumstances>

So much has happened since 'the night of the willy wearer'!

LuisGarcia Thu 27-Jun-13 23:02:04

I would consider it a compliment, and I apologise for being so prickly that night

PurplePidjin Thu 27-Jun-13 23:19:52

<hugs> all round as I've completely forgotten what i just read blush

Last night's complete shitter has produced walking while holding hands (3 steps), pulling up on the sofa and attempts at a pincer grip (naan bread that went with curry this evening) shock i fucked off to see a mate today (with R) and she's offered to come over on Monday and take him for a few hours so i can sleep shock she has 5 of her own, all in double figures, plus used to be a nanny so i might actually trust her to deal with a grotbag instead of assuming she'll bring him back as soon as he whimpers grin

Fx for sleepy dust tonight, where did that plane get to?

ValiumQueen Thu 27-Jun-13 23:36:08

Oh yes. The night of the willie wearer shock we sure have come a long way Luis grin

StuntNun Thu 27-Jun-13 23:43:11

J's dream feed got pushed back to 11:30 by dint of him not going to sleep until after 9. Please hurry up J so I can sleep. DH is back tomorrow. I can see his future and it involves taking all the children out somewhere at the weekend so I can catch up on some kip.

PurplePidjin Fri 28-Jun-13 02:53:39

R just slept 4 hours. Hurrah!

ValiumQueen Fri 28-Jun-13 04:42:51

Yay PP! Woop woop! Hope you get another good block too x

J has been asleep since 10. DD2 has been up every 90 minutes. I am wiped out hmm

Lily311 Fri 28-Jun-13 04:55:51

Wakings every hour. She slept 12 hours the past few days ffs. It's going to be a long day.

YellowWellies Fri 28-Jun-13 08:34:10

Jonas slept through again. He's not done it two nights in a row since those halcyon pre 4 month sleep regression days. 8.15 til 7.30 shock. He's been doing it once or at very most twice a week since the 6 month regression ended but back to back is unprecedented. Maybe he's finally getting enough solids into him? My boobs were like lumps of stone this morning....

<ducks and runs>

PurplePidjin Fri 28-Jun-13 08:43:17

He did 10:45-2:45 then 3-6 <phew>

<<<hug>>> VQ, fx it's over soon brew

PetiteRaleuse Fri 28-Jun-13 08:44:35

Wrote a long post this morning and lost it as the sodding site went down.

Nevermind.

Good night here.

I remmber the willie wearer night grin

TheDetective Fri 28-Jun-13 08:50:24

Not too shabby here either! 7.30-5.55 then he self settled so no one had to get out of bed grin (I'm not counting it as a wake up if he self settles!!) next thing I heard from him was 6.45 but he played til 7.15 when he started crying.

Good stuff smile I was asleep before 11. So I've had solid, unbroken sleep! Fuck yes!!

Passmethecrisps Fri 28-Jun-13 09:22:15

Good morning peeples.

stunt and lilly those nights sound terrible. And VQ! It must be hard being tag teamed all night. And not in a fun way BTW!

Hooray for sleep throughs and long stretches YW, *det and PP.

I might call the docs today VQ and just chat to him about the rash. If it is viral there will be nothing he can do anyway. I always feel I am overreacting and being a neurotic PFB. P seems much the same this morning. Fine initially then fairly quickly gets into the grumps.

We have the very last baby sensory this morning then we are off to my work to say Cheerio to one of my bezzy pals who has only gone and got himself a job elsewhere. I haven't mentioned it on here as there are ins and outs but I am completely gutted. Everything will be different and not in a good way. I didn't want any big work changes in the next year or so but this may take that choice out f my hands.

<sigh>

Anyway. I have a lovely new frock on which makes the most of my new 'made a baby' figure. It is sort of 50s stylee. I figure that if I don't magically get thinner then I will wear different clothes.

TheDetective Fri 28-Jun-13 09:31:07

50's style dresses are perfect for the mummy figure grin. I wear them a lot. Whatever size I am!

Where is chasing this morning? Still asleep I'm hoping?!

I feel like I've been doing hundreds of sit ups in my sleep. The muscles on either side of my stomach flab are killing. confused

O's in a shitter of a mood today. I'm debating calpol. No debating - DP has gone to get it ha!

He just isn't a happy boy. High pitched shrieks r us today.

This thread is not accepting new messages.