Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feb 06 - Who needs sleep anyway?!

(650 Posts)
Tabs Mon 10-Apr-06 08:03:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tabs Mon 10-Apr-06 08:28:09

Oh dear - I'm the next one to suffer boiler problems, although this one is our fault. We are all oil fired here, as there are no gas pipes near us, and we've forgotten to check how much was left in the tank, which is in fact none!

Immersion has just gone on for water, and DH (who thankfully doesn't leave for airport until 10 this morning) is lighting an open fire, so we will have to be confined to one room. Oil people aren't sure that they can deliver more today. Don't know how we'll cope if they can't. Thank goodness I have an electric oven as well as the range, (range does cooking, heating and water), although have no hotplates. Last time this happened it knackered the range and we had to have that fixed - let's hope it will start ok this time.

Enjoy your day out Jasnem.

Flamesparrow Mon 10-Apr-06 08:28:21

Hiya guys!

(I just like starting new threads )

DS still poorly - smells really weird, and is hot still Long long night - he was miserable for most of it, so not much sleep. DD had a hacking cough for most of it - seems fine now though.

Lovely weather, I might chuck some washing at the line...ooooh, maybe nappies Love a line of nappies...

4B1P - Gush all you want. I've just . Especially of the playhouse! I guess people must just be "Oh, you had another one then?" and not care that he's smiling etc

Jas - enjoy your day!!!

Everyone else - hope you're all ok.

Tabs Mon 10-Apr-06 08:32:35

Oh dear - I'm the next one to suffer boiler problems, although this one is our fault. We are all oil fired here, as there are no gas pipes near us, and we've forgotten to check how much was left in the tank, which is in fact none!

Immersion has just gone on for water, and DH (who thankfully doesn't leave for airport until 10 this morning) is lighting an open fire, so we will have to be confined to one room. Oil people aren't sure that they can deliver more today. Don't know how we'll cope if they can't. Thank goodness I have an electric oven as well as the range, (range does cooking, heating and water), although have no hotplates. Last time this happened it knackered the range and we had to have that fixed - let's hope it will start ok this time.

Enjoy your day out Jasnem.

Tabs Mon 10-Apr-06 08:33:08

oops - was having network problems too!

Tabs Mon 10-Apr-06 08:37:25

Flame - big medicinal hugs for poorly DS.

ixel Mon 10-Apr-06 09:42:01

Hello. Nothing to report really, just want to be on the new thread!!
Have got ds2's child trust fund sorted, so at least done something productive.

We've been invited to go into London with a friend tomorrow, so I'm going to brave it and take NO buggy!! Cant face it on the tube! But I'll be knackered from papoosing ds2 and keeping ds1 under control Is it worth it?!!

Tabs Mon 10-Apr-06 10:00:53

We sorted ctf over weekend - gone with Abbey stakeholder account. What's everyone else doing?

Men with oil have just arrived, despite saying they weren't likely to get to us until tomorrow . DH just trying to get oil flowing to range before he leaves for Dublin.

And the man has been to do the final repairs to the dishwasher, so after 9 weeks without one we are finally freed from washing up.

Now all I need is to get Pippa to nap in her basket so that I can have a bath, and it will turn from bad day to good!

cuffyj1 Mon 10-Apr-06 10:18:02

Yay, new thread

We've gone with nationwide for ctf (cash account not stakeholder)

DS been quite good sleeping wise for the last 2 nights, we went to a party saturday night he slept in his pushchair most of the night (fed at 10, back to sleep). We managed to get him into car seat, then in his cot at home without waking him (i took his jeans off and he slept in t shirt vest and socks) and he slept til 5am .

Last night bed at 8 (fed him 5.30) woke at midnight for feed, woke again at 4, DH went down to make a bottle but he was back asleep before he came back so we didn't bother waking him and he slept til 5.30 so fed him put him in bed with us slept til 8.30.

Flame - hope ds gets better soon

We've got post natal check at 10.50 so better get ready.

cuffyj1 Mon 10-Apr-06 10:22:45

Just re read and wot i mean is last night i'd fed him at 5.30pm before putting him to bed at 8.

Flamesparrow Mon 10-Apr-06 10:51:23

LOL Tabs - picturing men covered in oil now

Doctor's appointment at 4... I know there isn't a lot they can do, but 6 weeks old with a temp for 2 days, I feel like I want someone to look at him and tell me that its just a bug.

4blue1pink Mon 10-Apr-06 10:55:14

Started on the slendertone beltsomething has to be done before the sun somes out! I weigh the same as at 20 weeks and i do not like it. Bought 3 pairs of size 12 jeans from dotty p's online - 1 pair just right but could be almost loose- i pair good - i pair no where near doing them up ! Just shows...dont want to buy whilst fat but cannot cope looking untrendy.
Anyone losing weight cos mine is stationery??

ixel Mon 10-Apr-06 13:08:37

We're doing Police Mutual for the ctf, cash one.
Think I'm gaining weight, never mind not losing it

Flamesparrow Mon 10-Apr-06 13:57:53

I lost 2lb!!!

My jeans are now very loose, but my bum is far too huge for the size 14 pair I bought Think I need braces

Flamesparrow Mon 10-Apr-06 14:28:14

Been doing research.. local leisure centre does ladies kick boxing on a Thursday evening - do I make a trip to a bra shop and brave it???

Chloe55 Mon 10-Apr-06 16:28:33

Hmm, joinging you on the gaining weight Ixel - however, might have something to do with the fact that I have already scoffed 2 Easter eggs .

No news, just need to get this thread onto my list.

ellenrose Mon 10-Apr-06 17:09:16

despite all of the exercise I am now losing no weight at all . only 4 weeks until I have to be seen in public in exercise attire and easter being right in the middle is not going to help at all.

Maisie has slept for longer and in her cot for last couple of nights which probably means I am in for a complete disaster tonight

Definately go for the kick boxing Flame - if you find a decent sports bra please let me know as I am going to have to strap these in ahead of the RFL to prevent injury to me and those around me

Tabs Mon 10-Apr-06 17:41:28

Sadly we couldn't get the boiler started. FIL spent 4 hrs trying for us this afternoon too. Another man coming at 5pm tomorrow to hopefully sort it. Just have to decide how cold bedroom is tonight as to whether we sleep in living room with open fire still going, or just give DD extra blanket and me hot water bottle and stay in bedroom.

Think I might have gained a pound or two in last couple of weeks since biscuit fetish kicked in. Wish I did weigh the same as at 20 weeks - that was my low point weight wise.

Go for it on the kickboxing flame. I just wouldn't have the energy. Must investigate swimming though - think someone said that one of the pools by me might do a class which starts at 3 months. Have bought swim nappies and a trainer seat already - wanted to use in bath (not recommended, but we have deep soaking tub) but not sure the bath is wide enough as seat is huge. DH decided to wear it as a sombrero at the weekend - quite an amusing site .

ixel Mon 10-Apr-06 18:34:23

I must admit to eating ds1's easter egg from a friend, in the interests of a good diet for him
Once i get back into running, I'll be inspired to eat right too, but still haven't worked out how to make time.

popmum Mon 10-Apr-06 23:05:32

Jasnem - don't know of any BF suport I am afraid, just have heard of a group that meets at Mamabelli's in Harlow (a soft play place) if you called them they'd let you knwo the info 01279 428108

Frizbe Mon 10-Apr-06 23:14:54

Jas, lol show's how tired I was/am!! dd2 only let me have 4 hrs sleep last night, and has been asleep most of day and is now, so I'm expecting her to wake up and be bright as a button any second, but it may not happen?? seems ok in herself, just tired I reckon after yesterdays marathon session.....
Lol at the older kids this morning, woke up to them standing over the bed with dd1 saying to ss, mummys eyes are shut! (that's cause I'm asleep dear dd...oh and its 6.30am!)soon got rid of them when they realised dh was still downstairs, but not in time for them not to wake dd2 again.....
Tabs sorry to hear about boiler...hope you can get it started tomorrow x

NotAnOtter Mon 10-Apr-06 23:16:00

This is 4b1p changed my name!

3k Mon 10-Apr-06 23:56:52

Hi Ladies,

Yay - another thread!! Just wanted to post quickly before bed.

DS has now got into a routine of getting up dead on 4am every morning but I manage to feed him and get him back down within 20 mins so it's not too bad. Sometimes he sleeps through but not every night, he was sick after thrush medicine AGAIN earlier (still blooming got it!!!) so he will definately be up at 4am as he will be hungry. Going to talk to doc tomorrow about his thrush as it has been weeks and all medicines make him really sick then he cries and I feel mean for giving it to him!! Ben has his 8 week check at the clinic tomorrow so will have a good chat with the doctor and see if he needs to have it still or whether it may go on its own.

Hope all poorly babies are getting better. Ben had sickness and diaroaah at 3 weeks and it was awlful - you just want to take it all away.

Still bleeding and it has been over two weeks now and not showing any sign of stopping. Have clots too so when I take Ben for his jabs on Wed I'm going to talk to the doc about it - getting a bit worried about it now.

Right off to bed now, will try and catch up at a sociable time tomorrow.

Tabs - hope you are keeping warm, sorry to hear about your boiler xxx

Jasnem Tue 11-Apr-06 08:00:28

Morning - I do love it when we get a new thread.
No time to catch up properly. We had a lovely day out yesterday, although bf on the go has not helped my problems, it was still worth it as now the girls are really happy. We're going out again today, to a local farm I used to go to when they were little.
Boy has been up since six, and is showing no signs of going back to sleep, so I'm going to feed him and see if he'll sleep a bit before we go out, so I can clean up.

Morgan Tue 11-Apr-06 08:04:42

Just going to post quickly on this thread as need to feed Lauren and read stories to ds - how i love the school holidays!! esp as most of his friends have gone away.

Tabs - sending you some warmth from here (it's about 30 degrees) - hope the boiler is sorted quickly.

Lauren slept from 9.15pm to 6.50am last night with a little bit of noise around 4am but she settled herself. Yippee!! although she is feeding like mad in the evenings to acheive this and we have lost our evening and dh is getting a bit cross at not having any cooked meals in the evening - thinks he is fading away!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: