Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2011 - The best thing since... muslin squares?/!

(8 Posts)
oriordankt Wed 17-Aug-11 11:14:19

Hi,

Since my baby (Elizabeth Grace) was born on July 13th I've learnt many things from how to type/eat/read one handed whilst breastfeeding to the various uses of nappy cream.

But I was wondering what have you found to be the most useful thing since your baby was born?

For me it's undeniably muslin squares... a million and one uses. (Recently infacol has been competing for this position smile )

jenna13 Thu 18-Aug-11 08:35:31

I agree about muslins. There over taking the house! Also the baby sling, sometimes that's the only thing that stops her crying. My dd is also called elizabeth and was born on 14th July.

SpannerPants Thu 18-Aug-11 11:38:12

Thirded on the muslin squares - my DS (also born on 14th July!) is a "happy chucker" so I seem to spend most of my time feeding then mopping up sick!

Other useful things have been the bouncy chair, for the rare occasions he lets me put him down, and a swaddling blanket.

Now if only someone had a fool proof way of getting him to sleep...

jenna13 Thu 18-Aug-11 20:13:09

Also discovered how useful my hair dryer is, it always stops her crying. Anyone struggling to get them to sleep? My dd fights it even when she's been awake for hours, it's infuriating!

MotherPanda Fri 26-Aug-11 20:23:19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM

Whenever my DD (26th July and also called Elizabeth!) gets a bit wingey, and I know she's been fed etc - i pop this on. it's also really good when she's fussing at the breast.

it's amazing!

but second the infacol and almighty muslin squares!

MotherPanda Fri 26-Aug-11 20:23:50

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM

sorry - forgot to link it.

Stangirl Fri 26-Aug-11 21:48:26

Hiya - second time round for me with my DS born 11th July so my new area of expertise is stopping his 19 month old sister trying to kill him. Main tactic so far is keeping them in separate rooms with a monitor on each. Feels a bit like I'm cheating though and can't imagine that I'll be able to keep that up for 18 years or so.

Faithless12 Fri 02-Sep-11 20:40:44

Another vote for muslins here. I seem to have at least two on me at a time, I think I'm using them as comforters for myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now