Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2010-the "birthdays\walking\cake eating\wine drinking(mums only!)but STILL not fecking sleeping one...!

(1001 Posts)
TheSecondComing Mon 27-Jun-11 22:52:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WhatSheSaid Mon 27-Jun-11 22:56:10

aha here it is

WhatSheSaid Mon 27-Jun-11 22:56:42

Do you think we will have stressed cake out by getting to 1002 posts on the other thread wink

MyLifeIsChaotic Mon 27-Jun-11 22:57:19

Message withdrawn

MyLifeIsChaotic Mon 27-Jun-11 22:57:48

Message withdrawn

MalibuStac Mon 27-Jun-11 22:58:19

Ah shiney nnew thread, thanks tsc smile

Woodlands Mon 27-Jun-11 22:58:31

Actually it's 1003 as I still had it open!

TheSecondComing Mon 27-Jun-11 23:04:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

memphis83 Mon 27-Jun-11 23:05:20

Thanks tsc I was worried for a minute there

Dylthan Tue 28-Jun-11 06:55:05

Here you all are I didn't realise the other thread had finished grin

needle we got some cheap all in one nappys from e-bay not one of the Hong Kong ones but from a company in England called the nappy co. we paid about £90 for20 nappies with inserts. We have never had one leak and she has never had any nappy rash which d had all the time when we used disposables.

It's a cost thing for us as well rather than an I love the plant thing grin

viksam Tue 28-Jun-11 07:23:30

Yo!!!!!!
New shiny thread, good job someone could be arsed!
Told the boss yesterday, he said 'fuck off, ur shitting me'! haha! So everyones told and DH has put it on FB so we are official!! hurray! Had my friends from groups round yesterday and they were all chuffed for us too. Im feeling better now everyone knows.
Off to work in a bit must get dressed!! I'll catch up properly later on but I hope mylife kk and memphis are all feeling ok today.
wss glad things are ok.
have a good day everyone!

MyLifeIsChaotic Tue 28-Jun-11 07:26:36

Message withdrawn

Dylthan Tue 28-Jun-11 07:40:47

[Blush] I was wondering what the hell you were talking mlic it should obviously say planet. It's going to be one of those days isn't it. grin

Memphis I ment to say I really struggle when dh is working long shifts and its left to just me to look after the kids and at least he's home at some point. I cry and get panicky so I'm sure I would be a right mess if dh went away for a week. You soon settle into a little routine of your own though. The most difficult part I find when dh is barely here is not having anyone to talk to at the end of the day about how the kids have been, but then if you need to talk that's what we're here for smile

Dylthan Tue 28-Jun-11 07:41:56

Oh ffs blush has that worked?

Chulita Tue 28-Jun-11 08:03:21

4.20am that's all I've got to say for the moment apart from AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MyLifeIsChaotic Tue 28-Jun-11 08:04:03

Message withdrawn

WhatSheSaid Tue 28-Jun-11 08:24:47

Oh blimey Chulita, I know what that feels like.

Is he on one sleep or two during the day?

There is now a confirmed case of measles at A's pre-school, she is immunised but G isn't yet as MMR is done at 15 months here. I phoned up Healthline (like NHS Direct) and they said that at 11 months they have very little immunity as immunity from mother has worn off but they haven't had MMR yet. May keep A off pre-school for a few days - see if they get any other cases.

Chulita Tue 28-Jun-11 08:33:01

He's usually on 2 but yesterday I dropped him down to 1. Not sure what I'll do today, play it by ear I think.
Sounds like a good plan keeping A off school just in case, you really wouldn't want her bringing something back.

needle re nappies I'm a huge fan of Motherease Airflow wraps. L's always had diarrhoea and they contained even the biggest of her poos - they're brilliant!
I use mostly Bumgenius and the odd Itti Bitti during the day but at night I use Ella's House or Fluffles with Motherease wraps.

I'm going to sit and stare blankly at the wall for a bit

MyLifeIsChaotic Tue 28-Jun-11 08:39:03

Message withdrawn

Chulita Tue 28-Jun-11 08:45:31

Well, I'm off colour and I'm waiting in for a courier
Both mine seem to have hayfever - brilliant
mlic just shows you do love him lots, he just drives you bonkers. fwiw I'm forever stepping over a wailing S or plucking him off my slipping trouser leg and plonking him back in the living room. I remember L used to do the same and it pissed me off then too. I think for me it's the fact that you have no Personal Space whatsoever. Yesterday I got to the toddler group sweating to death having carried both of them and L wanted to sit on my knee with S. I nearly threw L on the floor, just couldn't stand 2 sweaty whinging children snuggling into me when all I wanted to do was stand in the shower room

MyLifeIsChaotic Tue 28-Jun-11 08:47:27

Message withdrawn

Needle Tue 28-Jun-11 08:50:15

chulita HELP ME! i'm now getting through one cot sheet, one pram sheet, one playpen sheet and god knows how many outfits every day. I've scraped up more s**t than I care to think about. What am I doing wrong? Is it that she's too squitty? I'm going to try and change her diet for a bit, but there must be something wrong with my folding because every single dirty nappy this week has leaked.

Urgh. Sorry to all those who've had bad nights. Dh has only just managed to fall asleep it was so hot here.

MyLifeIsChaotic Tue 28-Jun-11 08:50:24

Message withdrawn

memphis83 Tue 28-Jun-11 08:50:48

mlic oh those nappies are just wrong, L has ones sometimes that smell so acidy that you think oh your poor insides!!!
dylthan thats what I hate not having anyone to talk to at night, the day is fine but to not have a chat with an adult makes me feel horrible, I end up on the phone to my mum going uummmmmm ahhhhh hmm rather than put the phone down as ive got nothing to say!
viksam glad your feeling a bit better now its not a secret.
L woke at 3.15 last night then 6, I gave him a bottle as he must have been so thirsty, I really wish he would drink water, squash, anything on days like weve had this week!
My voluteer has cancelled as her niece has got german measles and she spent the week with her last week, ive not had immunisations for anything in my life either so I dont want it.
Well I dont have street lights on my road as we are the only house opposite a carpark, I could here voices and could see two people in the shadows, I thought the worst, that they were watching house again and I kept loooking but it was so dark I struggled to see, until I saw a bare arse and realised the dirty gits were shagging, on the wall!!! then after they lay on the wall talking til 3 in the morning, but I was too cared to open the door and tell them to scarper as it was so dark out there.

memphis83 Tue 28-Jun-11 08:53:17

needle could you ook on you tube for videos on wrapping to see if you have it right?

This thread is not accepting new messages.