Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The CRESH spa and creche: we ALL deserve crap ham

(1001 Posts)
FannyPriceless Thu 26-May-11 12:18:29

Enter all ye ESHes. We've been Barren, we've been Pregnant - now at last we are Child-Rearing.

- Come share your questionable tips on raising a <gasp> real live baybee!
- Compete with Cunty to take control of the bad mummy crown!
- Eat crap ham - after all, you deserve it!

okiecokie Thu 26-May-11 12:23:25

I am worth it, I truly am <stuff face with wafer thing crap ham>

CurlyCasper Thu 26-May-11 12:40:11

Thanks fanny. Just marking my place for now, too busy eating crap ham.

okiecokie Thu 26-May-11 12:50:18

Oh yeah, I see th Storm thing now. Fucking bonkers.

Medee Thu 26-May-11 13:25:00

Hello new thread!

CluckyKate Thu 26-May-11 13:34:49

Storm looks like a boy to me hmm

<snaffles the honey-roasted crap ham>

Cosmosis Thu 26-May-11 13:52:37

sitting my fat arse on the sofa.

AlpinePony Thu 26-May-11 13:56:44

Clucky i too think is a boy. Either that or it's a veh ugly girl and so they're trying to spare her feelings by bringing her up as a dog. wink

Hurray fanny. <toasts with crap ham canapes and cheap italian fizz with a screw-on top whilst baybee falls through open patio door>

PerfectDromedary Thu 26-May-11 14:22:06

Wtf is this Storm thing? Tbh, although I fully approve of attempts to raise children gender-neutral, it will be thwarted by the existence of other children, determined to police any hint of difference out of existence.

AlpinePony Thu 26-May-11 15:10:21

silv Wrt eczema, rots might also have some info, I know her eldest suffered, not sure about little one. They call sweet-itch summer eczema over here, maybe you could just put him in a fly sheet and rub garlic on his dock? wink

PollyPoo Thu 26-May-11 17:58:12

<staggers in with frazzled hair and match sticks in eyes, nicks the crap ham>

'lo all. Just marking my place. Am moving house on Weds. We only found out yesterday, great planning as usual. I do not work well without having end date in sight, so therefore had packed about 4 boxes and mostly sat on my arse. Now we finally have date I will have to work like a mo'fo to get it all down. Still, tis only next door and landlords are going to take down the fence in between and then come and carry all the furniture around for us. I have spent today shunting boxes from old house to car, drive 150 metres, unload in new house. With da baybee and Boo. Al good fun! <collapses in heap>

Medee Thu 26-May-11 19:37:52

Evening all, at the PC so a chance for a proper post. We had an appointment for follow-up with the neonatologist today - not much to report, but he's really pleased with how EA is coming along, doing all the things she should be at this age. The metabolic results have all come back normal, which is good, but no closer to really understanding why she reacted to the infection as she did. Likeliest source of the infection is me, btw, either transplacental or birth canal. sad We have the OK to let her go longer between feeds at night, as she has no issues maintaining her blood sugars now smile and the second set of seizures are related to the first, which someone had contradicted, which had confused me! So, a pretty good report, and he reiterated that they'll continue to follow up her developmentally, in parallel with the neurology clinic.

She had her 8 week immunisations yesterday, ran a slight fever in the evening which quickly came down with stripping and calpol, and she's doing great otherwise. Even getting some sleep in the evenings now, hurrah!

Best of luck with the move Polly

<eats crap ham>

Cosmosis Thu 26-May-11 19:57:40

rot's younger is ok as long as he is dairy free.

Brill news re EA doing so well medee she's a real trouper isn't she!

FannyPriceless Thu 26-May-11 20:27:40

meds That sounds like such good progress! Extra crap ham portions for you.grin

pols Move next door is good news, non? Hope it goes well.

We caved in on the 5k for the house. I will now have to get a 'proper' job to pay for the bloody renovations. Village shop doesn't quite pay enough for granite kitchen tops, does it?hmm

Cosmosis Thu 26-May-11 20:31:31

how is the village shop going fans? Do you know all the local goss now?

FannyPriceless Thu 26-May-11 21:03:30

cossie Yes, it's fab. Amazing the number of respectable drunkards and 60 a day smokers!shock Yet to hear of sordid affairs though.

okiecokie Thu 26-May-11 21:16:24

F maybe you should just start the sordid affair rummours? I can just imagine it.. did you hear old Joyce is knocking off boring Bill? blah blah blah... mindless.

Meds glad to hear all the professionals are pleased with EA's progress. 8 week? wow where did that time go?

I bought us one of those dine in for a tenner meals from M&S today. I selected the red wine instead of the white as it is good to use as cooking wine.

FannyPriceless Thu 26-May-11 21:26:47

okes Are you too good to drink the M&S wine? I hear it's a really good food/wine match with the crap ham.

okiecokie Thu 26-May-11 21:30:38

Yes FP I am worth more than that. It does go nicely in a bee bourguignon though. Or with crap ham.

CUNextTuesday Thu 26-May-11 22:16:38

Mmm bee bourgignon :-D Gives me that buzz every time

organiccarrotcake Thu 26-May-11 23:47:56

HI everyone, just passing through and noticed me being mentioned. I don't lurk so t'was just coincidence (unless my ears should normally be burning grin)

cos is correct although as I started to re-introduce a bit of dairy into my diet he's started with a teeny bit of eczema, but nothing like LC. Little fella has been strictly dairy free since weaning and will continue to be for another year, when we will start to introduce and see what happends. LC is about to start a complete dairy-free trial for 2 months as recommended by dietician last week. Hope it helps. In the meantime the smallest boy will continue to be BF for his milk intake which he is quite happy to do grin.

Hope that helps, silv but email me about stuff if you want. Did you send the sling on for me? Did I ever send you the book???? Baybee brain confused.

Medee Fri 27-May-11 02:58:53

So we finally get the ok for going longer at nights and she decides to wake an hour sooner, not longer, .grr!

AlpinePony Fri 27-May-11 08:17:14

fan Perhaps you need to get the ball rolling with a sordid affair of your own? You could lie him down against a haystack and feed him strips of crap ham?

medee That's because they fuck with you.

Toddler-raisers - it's like a fucking Benny Hill sketch isn't it? Pure slapstick. This morning whilst running around like a blue-arsed fly trying to get him, my laptop, his buggy, riding gear organised - I left him for a few minutes to try and apply some make-up (important meeting this morning) and I heard a massive clunk. Ran downstairs - he was sat the other side of the door grinning - all appeared to be fine. Except the TV was now on teletext with the volume off and I couldn't get the BBC back. Nip in to the kitchen to get his fromage frais and he tips the dogs' water bowl upside down, so then it's a mad dash to get wet shorts off and fine a clean, dry pair of shorts. It's a relief to drop them off at baby school where they become someone else's problem for a few hours. I've got foundation on but no mascara. I must look like a half made-up corpse. sad

PollyPoo Fri 27-May-11 08:54:47

Oh Pone your morning sounds pure comedy. Not for you obvs. wink

Can I ask for advice from those with experience of ADs? I have forgotten to take them all week and seem to be ok. What should I do? Start taking them again (and set reminder on phone every day) or just leave it? Suppose I could ring doc and have a chat with her...

Village shop sounds fab FP. Will you have to leave to get a 'proper' job to support new house? Or can they up your hours? I'd love to work in the village shop. Well, if we had one! Maybe I could start one but with only 14 houses I don't think I'd be too busy. Still, lots of extra time for gossiping eh? I do like the sound of the new house but I quite like red brick. And at least you can start from scratch and make it exactly how you want. Btw, I heard you can now buy very thin layers of granite to coat a cheap worktop. Maybe you can stay in t'shop after all? grin

Yep, move next door is a good thing. I love the house and it will be amaze for my birfday party in Sept! It is a run down drafty old farmhouse with naff fraying carpets and a horribly dated kitchen but I don't care. It has a really nice homely feel to it. It will be wonderful to sit in a living room where you can actually see bits of wall/skirting board/carpet. Can't wait to get in there and start making it home. MIL has a fabric shop and is going to give us loads of fabric for free and also make us some curtains. The things I really love about it are the two staircases and the rayburn in the kitchen. Sad but true, I've always wanted to live in a house with two staircases and a rayburn. result! It sounds quite grand but it isn't, as you will see if you wish to come and eat bbq pig with me in September. wink

I am getting evils from TG, we are supposed to be packing. <leaves platter of various crap hams and pink sparkly fizz whilst promising to turn off laptop>

PollyPoo Fri 27-May-11 08:58:17

Sorry Meds, meant to say bah to the reduced sleeping, but yay for little EA! Can't believe she is 8 weeks already. time really is flying, BB will be 5 months next week and is ready for weaning. I am ignoring that fact until we are sorted next door.

This thread is not accepting new messages.