Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2010: Drool it, maul it, crawl over it - that's how our threadbabes would eat a creme egg. But why the Creme Egg?!

(1001 Posts)
CakeandRoses Tue 17-May-11 22:16:58

Will that do us?

/panic

WhatSheSaid Tue 17-May-11 22:22:30

Bookmarking

Woodlands Tue 17-May-11 22:24:41

wotcha

CakeandRoses Tue 17-May-11 22:29:04

this is our tenth postnatal thread i think

WhatSheSaid Tue 17-May-11 22:30:52

I bet you've got a spreadsheet of them all, haven't you cake grin

TheSecondComing Tue 17-May-11 22:31:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CakeandRoses Tue 17-May-11 22:42:59

<adds link to spreadsheet and allows macro to populate all browsers>

can i just draw everyone's attention to the fact that whilst the 'why the creme egg' was directed at tsc, it was me, cake, who noticed it and coined it

<copyrights and patents it and considers film and book rights>

[cod eastern european accent] why the fucking creme egg, mr bond?

CakeandRoses Tue 17-May-11 22:44:55

de niro: you looking at me?
mirror: why the creme egg?

malibustac Tue 17-May-11 23:40:40

Bookmarking - how do you eat yours?

MelissaM Tue 17-May-11 23:59:34

I've eaten 6 in a week smile
One thread a month!

WhatSheSaid Wed 18-May-11 01:04:37

I ate his liver for dinner...with falafel beans and a nice Chianti...and a Creme Egg

Chulita Wed 18-May-11 06:50:31

I will never look at a creme egg the same again. grin what are Falafel beans?

CakeandRoses Wed 18-May-11 07:31:03

grin it's fava beans (basically broad beans)

thank you for giving me my first chuckle of the day melissa

well my two my slept thru smile and then got up at 6am and 6.30am angry, having of course listened to me saying they don't do that getting up early thing

WhatSheSaid Wed 18-May-11 07:38:19

oh ok yes, it's fava beans

<long time since I've seen the film>

CakeandRoses Wed 18-May-11 07:42:10

argh it was wss falafel beans not melissa's

i'm struggling today already

DesperateHousewife21 Wed 18-May-11 07:50:36

Oh God you ladies talk TOO much! I havent even finished reading the old thread.

Im cooking for my parents tonight, DP is working late so Im going round theirs for dinner, which turned into me cooking the dinner! Im going to do sausage casserole with jersey potatoes and veg. I think that would please everyone, I hope! We had beef casserole here last night but I love doing them, they're so easy and yummy!

Chulita Wed 18-May-11 08:01:07

Get back on the old thread before we feel the wrath of mlic confused

MyLifeIsChaotic Wed 18-May-11 08:09:17

Message withdrawn

WhatSheSaid Wed 18-May-11 08:14:18

Chulita has gone back there in a valiant attempt to fill it up.

Chulita Wed 18-May-11 08:58:17

Love the way it sounds like I've actually got off my fat arse [valiant grin ]

TheSecondComing Wed 18-May-11 17:20:49

MyLifeIsChaotic Wed 18-May-11 17:27:22

Message withdrawn

viksam Wed 18-May-11 17:51:09

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh wine!!!!!!!!!!!! Soooooo not fair, me wants some too!
Im having fat lazy ass tea, shop brought fish pie from Mozzers, its very yummy though, DH is out tonight hence tea for one. My staple tea is pasta, panchetta, tom and chilli sauce and garlic bread, yum yum!
Re the cat, she is lovely but a bit mad, she winds the dog up rotten and he barks and goes mad at her, she jumps up on every surface possible to get away from the dog, inc kitchen, so i have to dettol the surfaces every morning. Also she doesnt get enough attention in this house and i just feel that if i could find the right home for her she would be better off. She is a really pretty tabby with a sweet nature so it is a real shame. However i just dont know where to start with re homing. I do remember before we had our babies that one or two others re homed their cats, anyone remember, was it glostonbury goddess, i wonder how she is?
Thanks for the thread cake 'they' say its counterintuative re keeping them up later to sleep in later and i must admit if he has been up late by default its never made much differance. However last night was weird, he woke at 4.50, chatted and moaned on and off for a while then went back to sleep till 7.15!! so me and DH were running around like loons cos we were late!
woodlands Im glad i went for a CM, at this young age i just wanted him to have that little extra attention and the homely atmosphere, but it just depend on ur preferances.
Must go and get chimpy!! xx

viksam Wed 18-May-11 18:21:23

OMG devons come home with THE most horrendous nappy rash ever, poor boy. Anyone know ant home remedies i can use as well as cream?

TheSecondComing Wed 18-May-11 18:29:50

This thread is not accepting new messages.