Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2011 - The One Where We Get No Sleep...

(989 Posts)
Loopymumsy Fri 13-May-11 11:10:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BizzeeBee Fri 13-May-11 11:53:01

<< Opens door, has a peek inside, sees table set up with brie, runs away back to ante-natal thread to sulk >>

wink

QwertyQueen Fri 13-May-11 12:37:38

hi!
oooh, I like what you've done with the place!!!
I was up last night too - feeding every 1 - 1.5 hours!
Knackered today
ho hum
but she is the cutest in the morning so that all the sleep deprivation falls away smile

Loopymumsy Fri 13-May-11 12:44:48

Perpetuallypregnant Fri 13-May-11 13:14:20

Yey! Been waiting for a thread although Daisy is technically an April baby.. Im staying here.

Shes a boob monster, 18 days old and still guzzling pretty much every hour or so. Shr goes longer at night generally but she sleeps with us anywya so im sleeping pretty well.

Am still totally in love smile

And how amazing is sleeping without a bump?!

jbells Fri 13-May-11 13:21:20

Also just popping in to check out my future home cum monday smile

Rollercoasteryears Fri 13-May-11 13:59:21

Hi, good work loopy, nice decor! No need for GF to be added on my account grin

Got my gorgeous Rosa asleep on me nestled under my chin at the moment - love it. Am conscious I need to make more effort to put her down/hand her to DH/put her in sling however so I can spend more time with DS.

Glad I'm not the only one feeding every hour or so - I don't remember it being like that with DS but maybe it was. So far she hasn't taken to her sidealong crib and has ended up next to me but at least it's acting as a (v expensive) bed bumper so I don't worry about her falling out! It's been a lot easier since my milk came in on Weds as the poor girl seemed permanently hungry on the colostrum.

How's everyone going with recovery? Am delighted not to have had stitches this time, feel largely back to normal already (belly notwithstanding) which is a vast improvement on last time. Go waterbirth!

QwertyQueen Fri 13-May-11 14:59:17

Sadie is doing so well, has picked up weight and doesn't look prem any more smile
it is cold here now so have put heating on to get the room toasty so I can bath her...
not much else to report as yet!

southpacificfish Fri 13-May-11 15:14:54

Congrats Loopy very jealous of your comparatively easy birth!

Must report that the good thing about having a big baby is that he has a big tummy and apart from feeding constantly between 10pm and 1am, he then slept until nearly 5am this morning at only 2 days old! In fact he's a pleasant surprise after my DD who was tiny and fed every hour for weeks!!

Much sympathy for everyone who is up all night - I'm sure my time will come but am feeling quite good at the moment.

Rollercoaster baby and me are also sleeping in same bed at the moment. Will move him into cot next week I should think.

Milk is coming in already so I look like I have two enormous airbags on my chest!

How is everyone finding post labour contractions when they're feeding? I understand they get worse with each child Loopy?? and mine have been agony this time!

runningmonkey Fri 13-May-11 15:19:39

<runs in, plumps up beanbags and looks around jealously>

Looking forward to joining you soon ladies x

JBrd Fri 13-May-11 17:43:36

<<walks in, puts towel on one of the beanbags to mark her future place(I grew up in Germany grin), stares longingly at brie, reluctantly leaves again, hopefully to return in the next few days!>>

Loopymumsy Fri 13-May-11 21:15:21

Perpetuallypregnant Fri 13-May-11 21:47:27

sad loopy, my nipples were cracked and scabby after one day of bf this time but they healed really quickly and are ok now, just a bit pink and sore now and again. With Ava they were so bad I gave up after a week so Im really pleased they have sprted themselves out.

Quick bf question. D is feeding constantly, like at least every hour during the day, frequently more than that. Generally she goes longer during the night so at least we are sleeping reasonably well but how long can I ezpect ths to last? Shes doing loads of wet and dirty nappies so I know shes getting plenty but im a bit demented and going out it a bit of a mare, i had to bf in mcdonalds toilets this morning as i was in a shitty shopping centre and had put a very non discreet top on. I was only out an hour so thought she would be fine.... Im even considering giving her a bottle just so I can have a break. I am struggling being so tied to her when I have 4 other children including another baby to look after.

On a funny note, Ava is so used to me sitting with the boob out, I was feeding d and she came and put her mouth to my other one haha.... Think shes after some milk for herself!

Perpetuallypregnant Fri 13-May-11 21:49:55

Oh and my after pains were horrific with dc3 but barely there with dcs 4 and 5. They were a bit ouchy for a day or two but nothing like needing painkillers. Maybe I was lucky.

pistachio Sat 14-May-11 01:49:04

southpacificfish Sat 14-May-11 06:22:35

Afterpains much improved now but have one bleeding nipple instead. Must remember to buy some paracetamol.

perpetually how much does D weigh? Tracey Hogg (the baby whisperer lady) maintains that a LO should be able to go 2 hours without a feed by day 2 of their life, but naturally things will be irregular. She also says that hungry cries and tired cries are very similar and easy to mix up so maybe if you try getting D to sleep for half an hour before feeding it might help? My DD was a tiny baby and it took about 8 weeks to get sorted and for the feeds to be 3 hours apart. She ate quicker around this time too which helped. Sounds like you've got your hands full with all your others too but if you can persevere it will improve.

Loopymumsy Sat 14-May-11 08:24:28

ng1412 Sat 14-May-11 16:05:10

Hi can I join you? I wasn't officially on the antenatal thread but I used to lurk all the time reading about the goings on! I was on one for May in the main pregnancy forum so recognise a few names.

Anyway dd1 is now coming up to a week, I haven't got over the traumatic birth experience yet: induction over 24 hours, failed epidural, catheter inserted (ouch!),spinal block followed by forceps and spinal patch to take away amazingly bad headache which could have lasted for 14 days if not treated. I personally think the hospital messed up but I will never know I guess. Anyway, I am physically and mentally not in a good place right now and need to rest - of course with dd this is pretty impossible!!

Wonderful to see some many others on here, am looking forward to putting labour behind me and enjoying my lgorgeous dd smile.

Loopymumsy Sat 14-May-11 16:19:32

pistachio Sun 15-May-11 12:03:02

ng1412 Sun 15-May-11 13:25:44

Thanks Loopy it's really good to know I am not alone in feeling completely wiped out and shell shocked by labour. I am trying not to think about it for now but I know it's something I may have to deal with at a later date, like when I want to be pregnant again!

We have been having a tough time over the last few days since coming out of hospital and dd has not been settling but for the first time last night I had 6 hours of sleep (albeit not in one go) and am feeling a little more human today. DH has gone to waitrose with a shopping list and I am sitting watching a crappy film enjoying time with my dd.

pistachio, I have been biten too, it's amazing how powerful these little tykes are eh?! What sort of afterpains have you got?

southpacificfish Sun 15-May-11 17:44:27

Pistachio sending you much sympathy with the constant feeding and painful nipples! We didn't have a great night either and my boobs are "letting down" every 15 minutes it seems but the engorgement will be over soon...Actually wishing LO would feed more often today to ease the pain.

Afterpains much better now we are 5 days in. MW came today and LO (George - we finally agreed on a name!), has only lost 1/2 oz so he's obviously getting plenty of milk.

DD is being a real darling and seems really pleased with her little brother at the moment. Long may it continue...

Loopymumsy Mon 16-May-11 08:22:54

spud28 Mon 16-May-11 11:05:19

I had our day 5 app yesterday ( although it was day 6 and i had to go to the hospital for it as the midwifes dont go out over the weekend !!) and my little one was weighed. He was weighed and birth and i was told he will be weighed on day 10 when the midwife comes again. She said to me they no longer weigh on day 2 and 3 visits just day 1, 5 and 10 as on day 2/3 they all dip and by day 5 there will still be a dip but they will be on their way back up. How nervervous was i waiting for the big weigh in !!! now i have to wait till thurs to do it all again !
loopy, i had the same thing on about day 3 with the puke with nipple blood, it really freaked me out being a newbie to the mummy club, i rang the hospital who assured me it was quite normal if you have any cracks. I stoped using that nipple for a couple of days and just expressed from it. it seems to have done the trick, phew !!

southpacificfish Mon 16-May-11 11:26:28

Loopy I have a sucky little monster too! Have discovered he will drop off to sleep with my finger in his mouth at night but isn't interested in a dummy. He'll find his fingers soon so I don't mind for a little while if it means I get a good nights sleep like last night.

No vomit, but had a baby with a bloody mouth! nice!! sore boobs, but engorgement getting better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now