July 2010: Our babies are growing, they're grabbing their toys and soon they'll be throwing!

(1001 Posts)
stac14 Sat 23-Oct-10 20:57:06

new thread ladies xx

OP’s posts: |
Spirael Sat 23-Oct-10 21:55:24

I'm here!

kkfairybrains Sat 23-Oct-10 22:59:30

Thanking you stac!x

Chulita Sun 24-Oct-10 07:01:24

just marking my spot!

DesperateHousewife21 Sun 24-Oct-10 08:32:20

Hello! marking my spot too Thanks stac

MyLifeIsChaotic Sun 24-Oct-10 09:09:12

Message withdrawn

Woodlands Sun 24-Oct-10 21:01:57

hello!

viksam Sun 24-Oct-10 21:13:21

Yo,
Marking, thanks for setting us up AGAIN!!
Im just watching D on the monitor tossing and turning but hey he is in the cot and its not 10.30 yet!!massive step forward in the viksam house hold, just need to persevere now and cross fingers that the colic has tryly gone(please god!)

stac14 Sun 24-Oct-10 23:25:33

fingers crossed for you viksam x

OP’s posts: |
wonderstuff Mon 25-Oct-10 09:35:59

Hi all. How are we all getting on? Dylan is a bit snotty to day. Poor baby has had a bit of a cold since he was born, doesn't seem to be able to shift it but it is very mild. Today went from bunged up nose to runny nose. He seems happy, he seems to have started teething already, gave him calpol for the first time yesterday, seemed to calm him down, he was biting down and dribbling everywhere.

Woke at 11 4 and then 7 last night so I am feeling pretty good x

MyLifeIsChaotic Mon 25-Oct-10 09:37:08

Message withdrawn

MyLifeIsChaotic Mon 25-Oct-10 09:43:51

Message withdrawn

Spirael Mon 25-Oct-10 09:45:29

Morning all! How are things going today with everyone? Anyone got anything exciting planned for the week? Third vaccinations on Thursday here, boo...

Frosty morning up in Yorkshire today, I snuggled M in a blanket before popping her in the car seat to take DH to work, but I think it's time to move on to the pram suit of a morning.

M surprised me last night by falling asleep in my arms at 8:30pm. shock grin Unfortunately it wasted the bath DH had just run for her, but I couldn't bring myself to wake her and we managed to get her settled in her cot for overnight.

Bath time tonight instead. wink I'm going to attempt to start early and settle her for 8pm.... Which inevitably means I'll spend the whole evening sat in boring, silent darkness feeding her until 10pm. hmm Oh well!

Would I be a bad Mummy to not tell her about the clocks going back next weekend, in an effort to try and trick her into settling earlier..??

DesperateHousewife21 Mon 25-Oct-10 09:52:36

Ive been having a think about it and Ive decided to carry on as I am for the next 2 weeks until he's 4 months, then Im going to put him in his cot in his own room.

Ive read on other websites some different ways of self soothing, I think Im going to try putting him down awake after a routine (which we do have now anyway) then if/when he cries go in and pat/shh/gently calm him til he is quiet again, then leave the room and continue as necessary til he is asleep.
Not sure how do-able this sounds...but Im going to give it a go.

Spirael Mon 25-Oct-10 09:59:14

Oh, carrying on from the other thread... I've no great tips DesperateHousewife, but if I'm struggling to get M to settle then I go and sit in the dark on the rocking chair with her. I gently rock back and forth while softly humming songs, and that usually sends her off.

Helps as well that my DH seems to have mastered the art of gently plucking M from my arms and setting her down in the cot. If I try and stand with her, it tends to wake her up and undo all my efforts!

Spirael Mon 25-Oct-10 10:02:06

I need to type quicker. wink The method I use might not help with self soothing, but at least it helps break the breast dependence to sleep?

MyLifeIsChaotic Mon 25-Oct-10 10:10:52

Message withdrawn

Needle Mon 25-Oct-10 10:26:04

Hmm, all the muffin recipes have fruit. My mum used to make superb muffins though, i'll pester her for the recipe.

Night from hell here. Gwen up at 12 and 5, dh rolls in at 2.30 and we row till 4.30 and u think I eventually got to sleep at 6. I've been ill all week, all I wanted was a day with my family, and what does he do? Invite an employee over and work till 2.30. Despite the fact that I've been complaining about being ill all week, when he heard me coughing last night he said "oh, babe, do toy think you might be coming down with something?"

DesperateHousewife21 Mon 25-Oct-10 10:38:38

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO my sister is preg!! She is due end of June 2011! It'll be her 4th, hoping she doesnt pop early as I was planning to have the wedding in June lol. Omg Dylan will be nearly 1 by then, scarrryy!
Im so excited, can you tell wink

Chulita Mon 25-Oct-10 11:37:48

Hang on mlic <dives under stairs to retrieve cookbooks> which recipe would you like? Choc chip, choc & walnut, oat & raisin, carrot & raisin, yoghurt & honey, maple pecan or cheese? (I'm going on the assumption that raisins don't count as fruit grin)

Chulita Mon 25-Oct-10 11:43:40

Congrats to your sis dh My sis just had her 4th, crazy people! (love the way you've planned your wedding month already! and June is a great month to get married)

MyLifeIsChaotic Mon 25-Oct-10 11:50:15

Message withdrawn

Chulita Mon 25-Oct-10 11:56:03

2oz/55g butter
5Tbsp clear honey
8 floz/250ml plain yoghurt
1 egg
grated rind of 1 lemon
2 floz/65ml lemon juice
5 oz/140g plain flour
6 oz/170g wholemeal flour
1 1/2 tsp bicarb
pinch nutmeg

Heat oven to 190C/gas 5/375F, prep muffin tin.
In a saucepan, melt butter and honey, remove from heat and cool slightly.
Whisk yoghurt, egg, lemon rind and juice in a bowl, add butter & honey mixture.
In another bowl sift dry ingredients. Fold into yoghurt mixture.
Fill muffin cups 2/3rds full, bake 20-25 mins til tops spring back when touched. Cool in tin 5 mins before turning out.

MyLifeIsChaotic Mon 25-Oct-10 12:16:45

Message withdrawn

MyLifeIsChaotic Mon 25-Oct-10 12:40:46

Message withdrawn

This thread is not accepting new messages.