Talk

Advanced search

Clean and Safe Energy Future & STOP the Nuclear

(5 Posts)
Vale Sat 05-Sep-09 12:10:04

Hello!

I couldn't sleep at night thinking there is a plan to build a nuclear power station an hour away from my home.

So I decided to start an International pressure group in the hope to find useful information and opportunities "just on facebook for the time being", that help me to stop the nuclear.

I have found a lots of useful information and solutions on the Greenpeace's website, such as the CHP.smile

If you share my opinion PLEASE JOIN the page on facebook becoming a fan!

www.facebook.com/pages/Clean-and-Secure-Energy-Future-Pressure-group/154853965608?v=wall&viewas=1344 286597

SomeGuy Tue 08-Sep-09 01:48:38

Yay for nukes

scaryteacher Tue 29-Sep-09 13:20:05

Why do you want to stop a nuclear power station? If it will provide energy at a reasonable cost and keep the supply going what is the problem?

I live in Belgium where the majority of our electricity is provided by nuclear power. I used to live in Cornwall, about 20 minutes away from several nuclear power plants in Plymouth; and there was never a problem with them.

AMumInScotland Tue 29-Sep-09 13:37:00

I think the "problem" is the fact that they generate radioactive waste which will continue to be unsafe for millions of years. That's hardly a good solution to the world's energy problems, is it?

scaryteacher Tue 29-Sep-09 14:11:53

Sweden seem to have it sorted
www.edie.net/news/news_story

There isn't going to be a quick fix to the energy problem and I don't think renewables will provide anything like the amount of energy the UK needs within the timescale. Allowing for the build time for new reactors the UK is behind the curve. Nuclear seems to me to be the way to go.

Scotland will have more reactors soon when the Astute class of submarines are based in Fas Lane and when the T boats move up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now