Talk

Advanced search

Smears by Tories and Right wing press against Corbyn

(6 Posts)
paolo2143 Mon 29-May-17 00:15:21

It is clear that as the election campaign has become a bit closer than perhaps anyone expected, and in order to deflect attention away from the so called chaos of the Dementia Tax and U-turn by Mrs May last week as well as massive cuts to police force that the new strategy is to attempt to smear Jeremy Corbyn at every turn.

However as well as showing signs of panic it also seems that many of these smears are either just outright lies such as saying he stated "The Terrorist attack of being our own fault" in his speech last week where he clearly said nothing of the sort but they also seem to have very conveniently forgotten about the following

www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/tories-have-forgotten-that-thatcher-wasnt-just-a-terrorist-sympathiser-but-close-friends-with-one-10507850.html as well as neglecting to mention that several leading Tory figures had talks/meetings with IRA back even before Corbyn

tompride.wordpress.com/2017/05/27/shocking-revelation-tories-secretly-met-ira-leaders-7-years-before-corbyn-even-visited-belfast/

Also last week Michael Fallon was made to look like a complete fool when trying to re-hash same lies in an interview on CH4 news as below

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/owen-jones-calls-michael-fallon-interview_uk_59294e10e4b053f2d2acb1dc

I find the whole thing really distasteful and if that is best the Conservatives can come up with during Campaign they definitely will not be getting my vote.

imablackstarnotapopstar Wed 31-May-17 08:20:22

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Jux Thu 01-Jun-17 18:45:08

I agree. I'm so sick of the utterly pointless point scoring and lies, lack of actual fact etc. I'd like to get rid of party politics altogether and then constituents just vote for the person.

DancingLedge Thu 01-Jun-17 18:48:31

Its intriguing that even with the press we have and the Conservatives just going for smears and fears rather than debate, it still seems to be backfiring.
Maybe there's hope that a huge number of people aren't falling for these pathetic tactics.

Squishedstrawberry4 Thu 01-Jun-17 19:01:20

Same old stuff

Spectre8 Thu 01-Jun-17 20:38:08

There is crap being thrown on both sides to be honest this is why I don't bother with MSM or the debates. Jsut read the manifestos and make up your mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now