Talk

Advanced search

Conservatives & Fox Hunting

(6 Posts)
BigGrannyPants Sun 14-May-17 19:01:11

Since TM has said this, the internet has been filled with horrific videos of what actually goes on. To be clear I have never and would never support the brutal murder of an animal and wholly oppose fox hunting. I suppose my question is, if you were planning on voting Tory, and still are despite fox hunting potentially being legalised again, how do you justify it, or do you just ignore it? It's a hard thing to ask without sounding goady, but be assured that's not my intention. I know there are lots of other debates re the NHS/Foodbanks etc but I'm specifically interested in why you would vote for a party that thinks tearing an animal limb from limb whilst still alive. I can already see this thread getting deleted.

cdtaylornats Mon 15-May-17 08:33:30

These days of course foxes are poisoned or shot. But at least no toffs enjoy it and the people who were put out of rare rural jobs and the hounds put down were just as bad.

I don't like fox hunting but lets not kid anyone it had anything to do with fox welfare. I wonder how many hunt saboteurs are now heckling councils do kill urban foxes?

MorrisZapp Mon 15-May-17 08:35:43

What did TM say about fox hunting?

Nyx Mon 15-May-17 09:51:12

cd - hunt saboteurs heckling councils to kill urban foxes? Have you got a source for this? Because it sounds like utter made up rubbish to me.

Nyx Mon 15-May-17 09:53:16

Morris, TM is in favour of hunting and wants to repeal the ban: www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39861011

caitlinohara Mon 15-May-17 13:40:28

Probably for the same reason that an anti-nuclear person would vote Tory, or indeed Labour (although I still don't get their position on Trident): because it's one issue among many, and won't sway many people either way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now