Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ww3????

(7 Posts)
user1489269570 Sat 29-Apr-17 02:29:46

Am I the only one who is really worried about ww3 happening??? Wish I knew what the chances are of it actually happen.
I am a mother of 4 I don't want anything to happen to my babies!!!

highinthesky Sat 29-Apr-17 02:50:42

Please stop worrying and get some rest.

The risk is probably no greater than it was in November: its Trump's lack of respect for diplomacy that has heightened our awareness. I think many previous US administrations have to a degree shielded the public about what they know about global risks. Trump has an entirely different approach and he likes us to know he is CEO of the free world. To do this he needs to show us what a super-fucking-hero he is, and he's not shy of grabbing credit where previously agencies that he has chosen not to staff would have taken care of things.

I say this as a Brit. I don't see Theresa May, Merkel or any other European leader antagonising other global leaders in quite the same way.

seoulsurvivor Sat 29-Apr-17 02:56:15

I live in Seoul. Always a little worried (because I am a worrier) but no more worried than I was this time last year.

Even if NK did attack (unlikely) or the US attacked them (slightly more likely but still not going to happen), it wouldn't devolve into world war three because no one supports NK, not even China. NK would get flattened, they'd likely install a puppet government and everything would go back to normal.

YokoReturns Sat 29-Apr-17 03:10:48

OP check out the NK thread in Active. Lots of reassurance from knowledgable posters.

Sonofodin Sat 29-Apr-17 11:22:09

I know people are trying to comfort you and I respect that but there is a reason for alertness at this point NK just lunched yet another missile this morning against all the threats coming form US that showing once again that sanctions won't work. And now to the people that say NK won't be the start of ww3 I say... Well we don't know China said it will help US with North Korea but only as long that involves sanction and diplomacy if war would be to kick off China has given no declaration of what they are going to do. And there we have Russian sharing a border with North Korea too and that's not all Putin said that if US engage military force against NK it will be the ultimate proof how the bad guy is. So we can speculate as of now but the reality is.. we don't know how a war with Korea may end up. It's better if it never happens.

seoulsurvivor Sat 29-Apr-17 13:51:06

A war with Korea would be terribly suprising for all...

scaryteacher Sun 30-Apr-17 15:45:55

As dh hasn't been called into work today, or told me there is a possibility of WW3 happening in the near future, then I am not worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now