Talk

Advanced search

AIBU

(3 Posts)
Thegruffalowswife Mon 20-Mar-17 19:00:05

To want teresa may to guarantee citizenship for those living in scotland who were born in england and never wanted to "emigrate".

The UK is after all one country at the moment and I am frightened my family will have scottish citizenship thrust on us of sexit is successful (I would not want that at all).

RortyCrankle Tue 21-Mar-17 13:31:03

To be honest I don't think that will be at the top of her agenda - with A50 being triggered on 29 March I think she will be fully occupied with all things Brexit.

As she has said that an indyref for Scotland is not going to happen until the completion of Brexit - a minimum of two years away, hopefully it can be resolved at that time. I would have thought that if you are English that you will remain so - I don't see how Scottish citizenship can be forced on to you. For example I understand the application for British citizenship is quite tough and also expensive. No-one is forced to become British so can't see how it could be any different in an independent Scotland.

The other thing, of course, is that currently the polls indicate a win for No so an indy Scotland is by no means guaranteed.

cdtaylornats Wed 22-Mar-17 09:16:36

Best you can do at the moment is vote for anyone but SNP and Greens in the council elections.

In the event you ever see a Green canvasser make it known that their support for the SNP has cost them your vote.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now