Talk

Advanced search

March for Europe

(11 Posts)
mummytime Sun 19-Mar-17 13:57:37

Is anyone else going on the MArch for Europe next weekend?
www.uniteforeurope.org/

mummytime Sun 19-Mar-17 17:51:46

Bump

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 19-Mar-17 17:53:09

No.

woman12345 Sun 19-Mar-17 18:48:45

yes smile

MaximumVolume Sun 19-Mar-17 20:02:40

I'm thinking about it. Does anyone know if there's a family zone/ arrangements for families to meet in one area? I'm nervous as DH is unavoidably unavailable to come & I'll have 2 kids. There's the possibility of meeting family & friends but none that we'll travel with so there's a chance we won't connect. Even if I know I'll be amongst other families who I don't know I'll feel more confident.

woman12345 Sun 19-Mar-17 20:42:51

MaximumVolume if you go to the link it gives details for accessibility.
I'm guessing there will be lots of families, and it's easy to duck in and out of bits of the march on the route anyway. smile

mummytime Mon 20-Mar-17 12:02:17

I did contact the organisers to ask. I'm taking at least my 13 year old, and the more children the better, as we can form a solid safe band.

And the March is just in time if May is triggering Brexit on 29th March.

MaximumVolume Mon 20-Mar-17 17:41:59

Thanks woman and mummy. Mine are 2 & 4, so I imagine I'll need a pushchair at the very least. I'm really torn.

I want them to know it was important to us & that they were there when they look back and try to make sense of it when they're grown up, but is it madness with such little ones? I've never been to London with them by myself full stop. DH and I would usually team up for something like this.

mummytime Tue 21-Mar-17 13:19:37

I'd definitely take a pushchair. But people on the March should be willing to help. And PM me if you need more support. And feel free to leave whenever you need to.

MaximumVolume Tue 21-Mar-17 15:50:24

Thanks, I know people who'll be there, but I wasn't sure I'd be travelling with anyone & imagined meeting might be difficult. It looks like my colleague is coming with her family in which case we'll stick together.

mummytime Tue 21-Mar-17 19:54:16

Great news! With phones it's easier to find people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now