Talk

Advanced search

Local elections 5th May - who are you voting for?

(8 Posts)
kinkytoes Tue 03-May-16 20:22:47

I know it's not happening everywhere but I'm interested to see how this will play out as it will be an indicator of the parties' respective popularity now. I haven't had much in the way of leaflets through the door. Is anyone really even trying??

AllThePrettySeahorses Tue 03-May-16 20:33:40

Labour without a doubt. I am sick of the biased media coverage of them while the Tories get away scot-free with infighting, racism, anti-Semitism, election fraud, lying and sheer incompetence.

<deep breath> grin

Anyway, we haven't had any leaflets either.

BungoWomble Wed 04-May-16 13:41:56

Labour. Sick of the Tories, sick of this culture worshipping the rich and constantly kicking the poorest and most vulnerable. Sick of the blinkered hypocrisy which makes these billionaires in London claim we're all in it together and it's all for our own good when they are causing all of the problems they claim we need kicking out of. I hate this country. It was never good to be poor, but they are turning it back into the crime it was in Victorian times.

And if we don't get some serious change soon I'm going to get really really cross.

SeaWitchly Wed 04-May-16 20:50:31

Labour. For all the reasons PP have given.

Finallyonboard Wed 04-May-16 20:54:58

Labour.

Ilikesweetpeas Wed 04-May-16 21:03:22

Independent because they live in my area and care about it

Whenwillwe3meetagain Wed 04-May-16 21:10:36

Women's Equality as I don't want Khan or Goldsmith as Mayor-I know WE won't win but I can't stand the other two and think neither are fit to be Mayor.

0phelia Fri 06-May-16 07:49:42

I voted WEP as my second choice for Mayor, as a nod to them. But I voted SK for Mayor to support Corbyn. Totally sick of the beating he's been getting.

Corbyn has had more negative press in a short time than any other politician in history.

Voted Labour for constituents too.

So far Labour are not doing as badly as expected, but don't expect the Bitterites and offshore-dodgy mainstream press to keep their knives away.

Shocked that the Tories are now second in Scotland sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now