Lucy Parr

(6 Posts)
BoatyMcBoat Sun 24-Apr-16 14:10:06

Just seen her on Sunday Politics. I just wanted her to shut up. She just bulldozed, as if she'd been told to talk out her time. Dreadful.

I thought politicians had started actually answering questions! We've gone back to my youth (60s/70s) where they prep their speech and make it regardless. Boring and uninformative. No discussion.

unexpsoc Mon 25-Apr-16 14:44:37

Was it Lucy Powell by any chance? I don't know who Lucy Parr is. If she was talking about education, and she was a Labour MP that is who you mean.

BoatyMcBoat Tue 26-Apr-16 22:45:31

blushblush yes, her. She was appalling.

unexpsoc Wed 27-Apr-16 11:53:59

I will have to watch it back. Yes, I am boring enough to have recorded it.

I follow her on Facebook and twitter and generally she speaks a lot of sense.

BoatyMcBoat Wed 27-Apr-16 16:22:15

I can't remember anything she said. I have no idea what her opinion is. She seemed to just be spouting a short speech she had prepared earlier, like an mfl GCSE student reciting the French answer she'd learnt by heart regardless of the actual question. Keyword A occurs in question, answer A is trotted out. No sign of originality or tailoring the response to the question and no room at all for extra questions or interjections. "This is my speech wot I have learnt..."

unexpsoc Wed 27-Apr-16 16:30:42

Oh god it sounds delightfully dreadful! I will have to watch it tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now