Talk

Advanced search

Local pharmacies closing!

(5 Posts)
HappydaysArehere Sun 20-Mar-16 09:12:46

Went into chemist and saw a petition to sign. It was against local pharmacies being closed and replaced with central pharmacies. No one I speak to seems aware of this but the chemist has the information. This sounds unbelievable as people are being encouraged to use their pharmacist where their advice can save a visit to a surgery. Our chemist does flu jabs, delivers prescriptions, sorts out tablets for those unable to do so for themselves, works with the surgery to prepare prescriptions etc. How are the sick and elderly expected to travel to central pharmacies? Sounds barmy. Can anyone throw a light on this as I am told it is going nationwide?

AveEldon Sun 20-Mar-16 09:25:38

The Dept of Health is planning to reduce pharmacy funding so they expect some to close. More info below

psnc.org.uk/our-news/psnc-update-further-details-and-psncs-response-to-the-government-plans-for-community-pharmacy/

www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35418556

HappydaysArehere Mon 21-Mar-16 10:03:40

Thank you for the link. AveEldon. It is interesting but worrying.

cdtaylornats Mon 21-Mar-16 21:40:17

The town where I am there are 3 Boots pharmacies within 200 yards. It really wouldn't hurt to lost the smallest one.

pambeesley Thu 24-Mar-16 09:08:21

There are way too many pharmacies where I live. 3 in 100 yards. It's ridiculous

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now