Talk

Advanced search

Have Claig and Isitmebut run off together into the sunset?

(17 Posts)
regularnamesque Thu 17-Dec-15 11:42:46

Just wondering...

claig Thu 17-Dec-15 13:37:28

I'm still here. I think Isitmebut has gone.

It is very quiet on the Politics section.

regularnamesque Thu 17-Dec-15 15:13:28

Oh hello. You're alright then.

I wonder if isit was bullied off the site a bit. I started to see some personal attacks that got a bit uncomfortable.

Shame, I've seen it happen numerous times in my many moons on this site.

Play nice and all that.

claig Thu 17-Dec-15 16:01:15

I don't think isit would be bullied, my guess is that isit must have been banned. Isit was clever but rarely discussed issues and debated points, mainly blamed Labour for every issue such as the fact that the sun rises in the East.

BrandNewAndImproved Thu 17-Dec-15 16:04:15

She wasn't bullied off. She couldn't ever join in a discussion as all she did was copy and paste what she had wrote out a million times before and everyone started ignoring her thread derails.

regularnamesque Thu 17-Dec-15 18:26:58

Do you think they were banned for not conforming to MN's Lefty agenda?

claig Thu 17-Dec-15 19:48:27

'Do you think they were banned for not conforming to MN's Lefty agenda?'

No, because I am not left wing and I haven't been banned yet and there are other non-left wingers who haven't been banned. I think isit was ending up being too divisive and not constructive by accusing everyone who commented on Piggate for example of being a Labour troll trying to have a go at Cameron etc. Every thread was about Labour's economic failures etc even if the topic was what went on at the Piers Gaveston.

GiddyOnZackHunt Thu 17-Dec-15 19:54:10

It got ridiculous. Nobody could be bothered discussing stuff because there was no discussing with isit so the only thing to do was avoid the board, hence the tumbleweed on there.

SilverOldie2 Sat 19-Dec-15 16:09:38

I very much doubt that Isit has been banned, it's more likely that s/he got bored and decided to leave the left wingers to twitter among themselves

regularnamesque Sun 20-Dec-15 12:21:55

The bullying leftists have driven away all the intelligent balanced debate.

megletthesecond Sun 20-Dec-15 12:29:43

It was getting very boring on politics. Just claig and isit arguing among themselves. I couldn't be bothered to even enter into debate with isit , it was bloody painful.

Claig - who will you argue with now grin? Well deserved xmas rest maybe.

Pipestheghost Mon 21-Dec-15 17:04:32

Isitme posts weren't intelligent balanced debating, mainly diatribe and copy and pasting. It all got tiresome, not to mention the accusations directed at some posters.

comeagainforbigfudge Mon 21-Dec-15 17:20:38

Oh has isitme gone?

I might start reading this board again then. I'm woefully lacking in knowledge when it comes to politics fblush have my opinions but can't back up if you know what I mean?

I'm looking forward to learning something, using sensibly discussed points/conversations as a starting point to read further on.

New years resolution - learn more about politics fgrin

fourmummy Mon 21-Dec-15 19:44:31

Still, shame that Isitmebut has gone. I quite enjoyed the tussles with the other posters, even if these were repetitive cut and pastes. As a matter of interest and in response to a point made upthread, what proportion of posters on MN are right/left wing? I always thought the vast majority were left but then occasionally, some threads lead me to question that.

BreakWindandFire Tue 22-Dec-15 19:19:46

fourmummy I think most people on here are small 'l' liberal regardless of the party they vote for. There's a good Labour/Tory split but I must admit I've found more people on here admitting they are Lib Dems that I experience in real life!

LumpySpacedPrincess Tue 22-Dec-15 20:55:37

IsIt just spammed though, it was really painful and stifled debate.

0phelia Tue 22-Dec-15 21:27:30

What proportion of posters on MN are right/left wing?

I think MN has a tendency to be more left, however as you say some threads look majority right-wing.

I'd say MN is fairly representative of the general electorate, but lefty people are attracted to certain threads and right wingers are attracted to certain other threads.

The general electorate is not majority right wing nor majority left wing. Most people swing depending on the issue.
(Actually this is why defining politics by left/right is problematically reductionistic when real life is so nuanced).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now