Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lord Ashcrofts sudden illness at the launch of the book which revealed innapropriate interactions with a dead pig?

(13 Posts)
finalbutton Mon 19-Oct-15 22:44:28

Another damning example of governmental ineptitude? Surely this should have happened BEFORE the book had been written?

Or is it a very stern warning to the holder of the damning photograph which features a young PM indulging in youthful indiscretions with a severed pigs head in a baffling ritual induction; 'you see. We don't XXXX about. Release that photo and see what happens.'?

Or is it just a coincidence?

claig Mon 19-Oct-15 22:50:55

Link please, what has happened?

claig Mon 19-Oct-15 22:54:40

It sounds serious, hope he recovers and wil be OK.

'Lord Ashcroft missed the book launch of his scathing biography of David Cameron having suffered life-threatening illnesses which left him seriously ill in intensive care for almost three weeks.

The peer suffered from renal failure, septic shock, liver and kidney failure on 24 September, according to his publisher Iain Dale who gave his speech in his place.'

www.independent.co.uk/news/people/lord-ashcroft-hospitalised-peer-unable-to-attend-call-me-dave-book-launch-a6700566.html

What date was the book serialised in the Daily Mail?

claig Mon 19-Oct-15 22:56:02

'Or is it a very stern warning to the holder of the damning photograph which features a young PM '

If the photo exists, then it will never ever see the light of day, that would embarrass the Establishment too much and could not be allowed.

squidzin Mon 19-Oct-15 23:00:53

Huh? How does one spontaneously suffer renal failure and septic shock?

Sounds very bad. Is it natural causes?

claig Mon 19-Oct-15 23:17:51

Ashcroft's speech for the launch of the book.

www.conservativehome.com/parliament/2015/10/lord-ashcrofts-speech-at-the-launch-of-call-me-dave-full-text.html

Isitmebut Tue 20-Oct-15 11:16:43

Feck me, the pathetic Russian Trolls are out in force (in broken English) worried their man Corbyn, who like Assad is in trouble and now dropping "photographs" when the author a previous donor who said he had a beef with Cameron for not giving him power ADMITS it was schoolgirl Chinese whispers with no proof whatsoever AND helped sell his book

Salutin’Putin: Inside a Russian Troll House.

Former workers tell how hundreds of bloggers are paid to flood forums and social networks at home and abroad with anti-western and pro-Kremlin comments.
www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/02/putin-kremlin-inside-russian-troll-house

The nondescript building has been identified as the headquarters of Russia’s “troll army”, where hundreds of paid bloggers work round the clock to flood Russian internet forums, social networks and the comments sections of western publications with remarks praising the president, Vladimir Putin, and raging at the depravity and injustice of the west.

They painted a picture of a work environment that was humourless and draconian, with fines for being a few minutes late or not reaching the required number of posts each day. Trolls worked in rooms of about 20 people, each controlled by three editors, who would check posts and impose fines if they found the words had been cut and pasted, or were ideologically deviant.

“First thing in the morning, we’d come in, turn on a proxy server to hide our real location, and then read the technical tasks we had been sent,” he said.

The most prestigious job in the agency is to be an English-language troll, for which the pay is 65,000 roubles. Last year, the Guardian’s readers’ editor said he believed there was an “orchestrated pro-Kremlin campaign” on the newspaper’s comment boards.

For any credibility on here, say BOTH these things after me as proof you are even in this country.

Cameron is a psychotic lump, and posing hairy chest pussy

Putin is a psychotic dwarf, and posing shaven chest pussy

claig Tue 20-Oct-15 11:21:58

Maybe you should ask doctor to increase the dosage of the meds. It may calm you down and make you feel a little better.

claig Tue 20-Oct-15 11:24:39

The OP was trying to have a serious discussion, then you invited yourself in as part of your mission to "perform a public service" and alleviate your angst.

Isitmebut Tue 20-Oct-15 12:04:28

A serious discussion with a propaganda drop, with WHAT photograph? - when even the authors give the claim little credibility?

How soooooo Russian Troll.

"Isabel Oakeshott runs squealing from David Cameron #piggate claims"

Call Me Dave co-author admits source of pig anecdote ‘could have been slightly deranged’ and says different standards apply in books and newspapers
www.theguardian.com/media/mediamonkeyblog/2015/oct/09/isabel-oakeshott-david-cameron-piggatecall-me-dave

The hinges are coming off piggate.

Isabel Oakeshott, former political editor at the Sunday Times and co-author of Call Me Dave, the unauthorised biography of David Cameron that set social media ablaze with its tales of prime ministerial porcine passion, has further distanced herself from one of her book’s most oinked-about passages.

The beastly episode during Cameron’s University of Oxford years was relayed to Oakeshott by an MP, who, she accepted, “could have been slightly deranged”.

“The thing to point out about that story is that there is no need for burden of proof on a colourful anecdote where we’re quite upfront about our own reservations about whether to take it seriously.”

God Putin must be getting desperate.

RolyPolierThanThou Tue 20-Oct-15 12:14:34

isitmebut

Yes, it is you. I hope that clears things up.

Isitmebut Tue 20-Oct-15 12:22:55

Hi there Roly ... so you agree with me that the opening post is just a propaganda drop stating 'pig gate' as a fact - using the authors of a book that SAY the claim is bollocks?

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Tue 20-Oct-15 12:27:53

Sceptic shock can cause renal failure, and indeed failure of other organs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now