Talk

Advanced search

#JoinWE Women's Equality Party seeking founding members

(2 Posts)
FishWithABicycle Fri 03-Jul-15 14:15:25

The Women's Equality Party are all over Facebook and Twitter gathering momentum for new members joining.

Facebook page.
Website

I'm not a member and this isn't an advert - how big do you think this is going to get? Theoretically as a party whose natural constituency is 50% of the population they could become huge. Or not. The Green Party started out single-issue and is becoming a lot more widely accepted and supported as it matures. For that matter, Labour started out as championing the rights of the working classes and has changed into a "mainstream" party over the decades. Is #JoinWE going anywhere?

silveroldie2 Fri 03-Jul-15 16:45:16

how big do you think this is going to get?

Not very big - How will they represent the other 50% of the human race.

Theoretically as a party whose natural constituency is 50% of the population they could become huge. Or not.

Not - a political party which only caters for half the population is going nowhere.

The Green Party started out single-issue and is becoming a lot more widely accepted and supported as it matures.

Their policies are barking - I don't see them expanding - I think they got a lot of votes at the last election because people couldn't make a decision.

Labour started out as championing the rights of the working classes and has changed into a "mainstream" party over the decades. Is #JoinWE going anywhere?

99% sure not

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now