Talk

Advanced search

Undecided

(7 Posts)
Poppy84b Wed 06-May-15 22:35:51

It think I've done a dozen or so quizzes and I end up being near enough equal with all the main parties or slight majority with UKIP which is weird, because I wouldn't consider voting for them. Can anyone recommend a site for me to do a bit more reading? I'm married. Mid-thirties. Just bought a house on the outskirts of a big city. DH has a civil servant Jon, I have an office job. Transport, welfare and immigration are the things most important to me.

MajesticWhine Wed 06-May-15 23:06:49

have you tried whoshouldyouvotefor.com/ or www.votematch.org/? They are very quick to complete. Votematch is particularly good because you can put your topics in order of priority.
There are no really impartial websites that I am aware of. Everyone has an agenda.

Poppy84b Wed 06-May-15 23:19:40

Trying vote Match now! Thanks!

MajesticWhine Wed 06-May-15 23:44:41

If in doubt go with your gut. Those quizes can be a bit arbitrary. I repeated one of them until I got the answer I wanted grin

baies1 Thu 07-May-15 01:05:15

Those quizzes are bullshit. In the real world you make compromises on who you vote for. You consider everything together and not policy by policy. As a pp says, trust your gut and have a read of the party manifestos.

fascicle Thu 07-May-15 07:46:59

At this stage, I'd say consider the main things that are important to you and look at a comparison of key policies e.g.:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2015/manifesto-guide

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/11552253/Policy-comparison-summary.html

Isitmebut Thu 07-May-15 10:49:07

What policy matches don't show is what political parties DO in power so look at the record as well - as in some cases, their historical/ideological mantras versus their in government policies and what they leave, are not the same.

Find me one country in the world where the poor do best if the economy isn't right/bust.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now