Talk

Advanced search

Is it game over?

(83 Posts)
Shouldof Tue 05-May-15 17:33:41

I've been full of optimism for most of the campaign but today i feel deflated and feel that the die is cast for another 5 years of con/lib coalition.

Anyone care to reassure me there's hope for labour?

sebsmummy1 Tue 05-May-15 17:35:05

We'll I'm not voting Labour if that helps wink

chocolatelife Tue 05-May-15 17:35:27

well theyhave Russell Brand's backing?
would that help do you think
totally tory in my neck of the woods, no hope in hell

Shouldof Tue 05-May-15 17:36:30

Boo sebsmummy, that doesn't help sad

TheRealMaryMillington Tue 05-May-15 17:37:22

maybe, maybe not

Shouldof Tue 05-May-15 17:37:28

Same in mine chocolate, I think that makes it more frustrating because my vote will mean bollocks all.

TheTravellingLemon Tue 05-May-15 17:38:36

It ain't over til it's over shouldof.

not voting labour either

TheRealMaryMillington Tue 05-May-15 17:39:34

Why will you vote mean nothing?

Minty82 Tue 05-May-15 17:42:45

Am feeling similarly despondent and full of disbelief that anybody can be contemplating voting Tory - not least my husband and his whole family, all of whom I love but for whom I find it quite hard to have any respect at all on this one...

AlphaBravoHenryFoxtons Tue 05-May-15 17:43:07

Steve Coogan and Russell Brand were questionable choices to endorse the Labour cause. More people dislike Coogan than like him and Brand is just about the most annoying person in the UK. Well perhaps he's send to Alan Partridge.

I'm not voting Labour either. A ha.

AlphaBravoHenryFoxtons Tue 05-May-15 17:43:40

he's second to Alan Partrdge.

Shouldof Tue 05-May-15 17:43:43

Therealmary... Because there is no chance whatsoever that anyone other than the Tory candidate will take the seat in my constituency. I know people will quote potillo and similar to say you never know but this seat has a massive majority existing and in the polls and is quoted on polling site as 8th safest Tory seat with 100% probability of staying Tory.

Akire Tue 05-May-15 17:47:00

The problem is in a lot of places only around 60% of people who could vote do. So the ones who decide it's not worth it , it will make no difference can hold the balance. I think it does help to vote for the party you want even if it takes years to increase their numbers.

Shouldof Tue 05-May-15 17:47:11

I'm thinking Alan partridge is definitely a UKIP man wink

Shouldof Tue 05-May-15 17:49:30

Fair enough Akire, and I will be casting my labour vote but the demographic around here is classis Tory so can't see much changing in my lifetime.

sebsmummy1 Tue 05-May-15 17:52:29

I just cannot contemplate Milliband representing the country, sorry. It was a total own goal that he got in over his brother. If the unions hadn't backed Ed I suspect you would be looking at a Labour Government come Election Day.

OnlyLovers Tue 05-May-15 17:54:42

No it isn't! Vote vote vote.

Shouldof Tue 05-May-15 17:55:36

Probably would sebsmummy but not a labour government that's recognisably labour IMO. I like Ed but I accept I am in a small minority.

davidjrmum Tue 05-May-15 17:57:27

It wasn't an own goal - his views are different from his brother's. There's no point voting for a labour party if they are going to be practically the same as the conservatives. If his brother was Labour leader I don't think I'd be voting labour.

sebsmummy1 Tue 05-May-15 18:03:07

Well then it's a shame didn't inherit his brother's face. I know it's awful but his face just doesn't fit on the world stage. He is a joke figure and is terribly clumsy. Gordon Brown was bad enough but Ed is just a step too far.

newgirl Tue 05-May-15 18:04:38

I agree - if David had been leader I'd have voted labour. Not now.

chocolatelife Tue 05-May-15 18:05:11

sadly he does not have the charisma, perhaps we were spoiled with tony blair
but we should give him a chance

balia Tue 05-May-15 18:06:13

Really? As intelligent adult women, we're not voting for someone because of the way they look?

chocolatelife Tue 05-May-15 18:06:42

those of you who are not voting because it is Ed Milliband,
who would you vote for instead?
I dont understand floating voters tbh. although i have voted liberal democrats tactically in the past

OnlyLovers Tue 05-May-15 18:08:24

balia, I know! It's a bit frightening. On the same lines, on another thread recently someone said they'd probably vote UKIP because Nigel F is 'quite amusing'.

Comments like that may be meant flippantly but they make my blood run cold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now