Talk

Advanced search

Did Mumsnet choose Ed Miliband?

(20 Posts)
AlphaBravoHenryFoxtons Wed 05-Nov-14 21:02:25

I think Mumsnet was responsible for giving Ed Miliband the idea that he might be leader. I remember Rachel Sylvester pushing him, I think after a Mumnset web chat. I remember posters being keen. I was VERY enthusiastic as I'm sure were most other Tories.

Who would you like as the next Labour leader?

I think they should have Andy Burnham. He's had a leadership makeover and eased up a bit on the Maybelline Incredible Falsies mascara. And I fear if you don't pounce soon, he'll be snapped up by middle management in the public sector but outside of politics. Then you'll only have yourselves to blame.

ironmaiden999 Thu 06-Nov-14 10:49:26

I would like to see Diane Abbot, if she's leader they won't see power ever again, probably the reason, she's kept on the back benches! grin

AlphaBravoHenryFoxtons Thu 06-Nov-14 12:59:57

Yes, Diane Abbott would be superb. grin

WetAugust Fri 07-Nov-14 16:31:57

What the same Andy Burnham as presidied over the MidStaffs hospital scandal.
yes, he would go down a treat hmm

Sometimes you have to realise it's not a beauty contest and start examining their track record.

honeysucklejasmine Fri 07-Nov-14 16:36:21

I think that's the point, Wet.

I don't know who I'll vote for, but i can't see myself voting for him, because i can't see him having a serious meeting with Putin and Obama.

WetAugust Fri 07-Nov-14 16:45:19

Sorry, I think Labour are stuck with Ed. that's the problem when you let Len McCluskey chose a leader. You get one that the MPs themselves may not want to follow.

mymummademelistentoshitmusic Fri 07-Nov-14 16:48:31

Ita with ironmaiden above.

AlphaBravoHenryFoxtons Sat 08-Nov-14 19:06:53

We need someone willing to bear his chest and sling a freshly shot bear over his muscular shoulders: so as to be a match for Putin. (Obama is a goner so we needn't worry about him.) I can't imagine Putin hesitating before sending 24 tanks into Ukraine for fear of Burnham's disapproving fluttery eyelashes.

When news reporters asked Burnham yesterday if he had plans for a leadership coup, he found it impossible to disguise his absolute pleasure. Just to be talked about as a future leader is clearly beyond his wildest dreams. I couldn't help but feel pleased for him. And his mum.

WetAugust Sun 09-Nov-14 22:01:51

best thing that could happen to Lab would be to lose the GE, ditch Ed and all the faux Labour public school boys and get itself a leader that actually understands seat it's like to work for a living without and who does not have millions in a trust fund go draw on.

chiliplant Sun 09-Nov-14 22:08:45

I think poor eds sanity he should step down. The important thing is t have a leader t stop the Tories. I can't bear any more of there ideologies.

antimatter Tue 11-Nov-14 19:53:30

I think next Labour leader can only be chosen during next conference.

Would you be happy with Harried Harman doing that job until then?

mymummademelistentoshitmusic Tue 11-Nov-14 23:52:32

He's set for life. I'm so relieved. Tiny Blair has come out in support.
leaking now

Mumzy Tue 18-Nov-14 18:46:52

I was listening to Adrian Mole's Secret Diaries on Radio 4 and I swear Adrian is Ed Milibrand. I bet Ed wears revolutionary red socks underneath his black ones

claig Thu 20-Nov-14 20:11:39

Mumzy, grin

IsabellaofFrance Wed 03-Dec-14 13:39:38

They all came on for a webchat before the vote iirc.

Lulu3108 Tue 06-Jan-15 22:27:31

Diane abbott is not superb, she is the most laziest MP out there who sits on newsnight every thursday.

There is so much corruption and problems in my borough and it is as if she is invisible and doesnt exist.

Dont like milliband he has no peoples skills. Not interested in any of them, all have the charisma of a bad salesman.

Lulu3108 Tue 06-Jan-15 22:30:12

Harriett harman.. Another one had links to a peadophile sympathiser group called PIE in the 70s and 80s.

This country just bleeds corruption and is rotten to the pure core. I give up. grin

Lulu3108 Tue 06-Jan-15 22:31:33

Anyone who bans social services secret courts, TTIP, Fracking and gives us a decent NHS with nurses and doctors treated properly... Oh and a eu referrendum has my vote.

silveroldie2 Sat 10-Jan-15 13:37:25

Ed Milliband is a gift to the Tories and long may he be leader of the labour party. If you MUST replace him then the equally useless Diane Abbot would be an excellent replacement.

nancy75 Sat 10-Jan-15 13:45:48

I do feel sorry for Ed, he seems to try so hard and I think he might be one of the few that genuinely give a toss, but he is just one of those people that never get it quite right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now