Talk

Advanced search

The highest

(67 Posts)
newwave Sun 16-Oct-11 19:39:50

Youth unemployment ever, the previous record was when the Tories were last in power.

Unemployment since the last time the Tories were in power.

Add to that:

Rising hospital waiting lists due to Tory cutbacks.

Child poverty (predicted to increase by 400,000 due to Tory policies).

Rising homelessness and rough sleeping.

Fares and utility prices rising way in front of wages (unless your a banker or director of major company)

Out of control inflation and wages not keeping up.

Still the bankers are still getting their bonuses so not all bad.

Same old Tory filth, help the rich and screw everyone else but mostly screw the poor and needy.

niceguy2 Sun 16-Oct-11 20:21:44

Yay! Welcome back Newwave. We've missed you. The ultra left wing was starting to become a bit of a one man band without you! smile

glasnost Sun 16-Oct-11 20:50:30

Ultra left wing! Yeah, right and you're a nice guy.

And who would the one woman band be?

newwave Sun 16-Oct-11 20:51:00

NG2 thank you for the welcome smile dont know about the unemployment level but I have work coming out of my ears at present.

Now the serious bit, all my points are factually correct or maybe you think otherwise.

As for ultra left dont make me laugh, the left of the LD's maybe (Clegg I hate you)

newwave Sun 16-Oct-11 20:52:24

And who would the one woman band be?

Have I missed something confused

glasnost Sun 16-Oct-11 20:54:22

Typical of the rancid, ultra right to deflect attention from the very real arguments. Nice guy you are the pits to paraphrase another MNter re your coterie of rightwing cronies. Your Dale Farm hate threads await you.

Address the ishoos.

glasnost Sun 16-Oct-11 20:57:27

newwave though are you for real or just a bit of a masochist?

I suspect you secretly want the approval of these rightwingers.

newwave Sun 16-Oct-11 21:03:08

"I suspect you secretly want the approval of these rightwingers"

glasnost, are you serious, I have been posting on here (on and off) for about 12 months and I cannot think of one post that would lead you to that conclusion. Just because I dont attack others with differing views with a mixture of bile and puerile idiocy does not in anyway make me a fellow travellor of the right wing.

glasnost Sun 16-Oct-11 21:14:08

Exactly, you don't attack others with differing views; you attract them with posts guaranteed to goad them into action. But little is accomplished, ultimately. They're lists. You should come at it from another angle.

newwave Sun 16-Oct-11 21:22:28

glasnost, change of tune there, you accused me of "sucking up" to the right wingers on here.

As for lists or otherwise I can take direct action when I feel the need, I spent many days cold and wet as a hunt sab.

I want to goad them as they may start thinking about this detestable government and it's vile policies that they support. I can hardly physically attack them through their PC monitors, can I, although in the case of LFN and SWC I would at times very much like to.

ChickenLickn Sun 16-Oct-11 21:32:20

"the tories aren't working"

they never do, the lazy shits.

glasnost Sun 16-Oct-11 21:32:25

Oh hear bloody hear! swc is AWFUL. LFN I sometimes like to think is a clever satirist parodying a psychopathic rightwinger.

It is a detestable gov't but they know that and prob vote for them for that very reason. What I meant was if you just reel off a list of detestable things this detestable gov has done, is doing, will do the detestable peeps who vote for them will be detestable and then what have you accomplished? Use events or anthropology.

It's not a change of tune btw to go from accusing you of sucking up to the rightwingers and seeking their approval is it?

margerykemp Sun 16-Oct-11 21:38:20

It's the fault of all the idiots/knobheads who voted for them.

newwave Sun 16-Oct-11 21:48:37

"It's not a change of tune btw to go from accusing you of sucking up to the rightwingers and seeking their approval is it?".

Lets try again, how am I sucking up to them by listing the faults of the government they support and hoping to make consider the damage they have done/are doing to society by voting Tory.

I for one have had my views changed as circumstances have changed, I have never voted Tory or Labour (except in 1997) and have always voted LD, now Clegg has sold out I will vote differently.

newwave Sun 16-Oct-11 21:50:53

I forgot to add, I suspect most Tory voters are misguided rather than plain nasty although I accept there are some that are.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 16-Oct-11 23:25:33

"I will vote differently".... Who's left to vote for? I can't believe you really thought the LDs were the answer. hmm Leaving aside that bizarre promise on student fees, what was it in their manifesto that made you think they were going to radically change things? And, if they had been 100% in power today, do you think the economic picture would be significantly better?

niceguy2 Sun 16-Oct-11 23:58:35

You know what. Just for today I am going to adopt Newwave & Ttosca's political views.

I mean the Tories have been in power for over a year now. Surely in all that vast amount of time they should be able to reverse the global financial meltdown which started before they were in power.

And surely in all the time they've been in charge they should have been able to magic up some of the billions Labour clearly had. I mean Tony & Gordon managed to find cash for tax credits. If we wanted new hospitals, there's PFI and if you want an aircraft carrier or two just make them so damn expensive noone dares cancel them.

Pfft, bloody Tories. They've used up their magic wand waving at their rich mates. Now there's nothing left for the rest of us!

newwave Mon 17-Oct-11 00:19:46

"Pfft, bloody Tories. They've used up their magic wand waving at their rich mates. Now there's nothing left for the rest of us!"

At bloody last! you seem to understand the whole of the direction of Tory policies. It took you long enough.

I love the way the problem is now a global issue but was not before the last election.

CES, at the time why not the LD's, no decent and sensible person, at least no one who was not a rich fuck or banker (same thing I suppose) would vote Tory thats a given and NL were getting far to authoritarian for my taste. Taken at face value the LD manifesto seemed to mostly fit my values.

"If they had been 100% in power today, do you think the economic picture would be significantly better?"

Yes or at least those who caused the crisis (greedy scum bankers) would be paying a far far greater amount for crises they caused rather than penalising the poor for a crises they did not cause.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 17-Oct-11 06:54:09

The only measure I remember from the LD manifesto on banks was to cap bonuses at £2000 in the banks where taxpayers retain a stake. RBS, Lloyds and Northern Rock. In the case of Northern Rock, they made bonuses in 2011 to the value of £13.1m to 4,500 staff. That's an average of £2900 each.. most staff getting something equivalent to 10% on their £25k salary. The CEO didn't take a bonus. The cap didn't go through but it's clear - in the case of Northern Rock specifically - it would have made much difference if it had.

So, in the absence of the main three parties, I'm still interested in where your voting allegiance is switching.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 17-Oct-11 06:54:58

"wouldn't" have made much difference, I mean of course.

glasnost Mon 17-Oct-11 08:18:47

Cogito you should get more kip. 6 hours between nighttime post and morning one is too little. Unless you've got a baby. Who's left to vote for you ask? There are plenty of alternatives outside of the mainstream parties who're all the same, ultimately.

newwave says she's never voted tory but , actually, she has by voting lib dem last time! That's why she's so worked up.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 17-Oct-11 09:08:11

Your concern for my wellbeing is touching but none of your damn business, of course. And the question was to newwave... so maybe let them answer?

glasnost Mon 17-Oct-11 09:54:16

Ooh you SHOULD get more kip.

glasnost Mon 17-Oct-11 09:55:41

And Cogito as I believe you've said on here this is open to anyone to express their opinions. This isn't a 2 way conversation betwixt you and OP.

niceguy2 Mon 17-Oct-11 15:13:16

I love the way the problem is now a global issue but was not before the last election.

As I am sure you are well aware, the problems started in the US and the rest of Europe caught fire. The UK was on the precipice, all eyes were upon the election and what actions would be taken afterwards. If we'd have ducked the harsh cuts needed to restore our credibility then we'd have done a Greece. Thankfully we didn't and now all eyes are on Europe. If they don't sort their shit out, we'll get dragged down with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now