Talk

Advanced search

Not Jennifer's Ear... Theresa's Cat

(7 Posts)
CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 04-Oct-11 17:15:40

Nice to see Theresa 'in these shoes?' May providing the light relief at the conservative conference, sticking her neck out far enough to be chopped off. Why do I think she's been set up for a fall? And why can't I stop thinking about Mrs Slocombe?

ilovemydogandMrObama Tue 04-Oct-11 17:17:00

Well, there is some truth in the story, but it wasn't the cat that swung the judge's decision wink grin

bobthebuddha Tue 04-Oct-11 21:04:44

It's just a catalogue of errors with this Home Sec isn't it....

Scarletbanner Tue 04-Oct-11 21:05:42

Catastrophic! smile

BBL1 Thu 06-Oct-11 15:59:50

Scrapping the bottom of the barrel when you have to use the Daily Mail for your sources

I was just reading this blog on the Telegraph saying there have been calls for Ken Clarke to be sacked for pointing out she was wrong. I haven't really been following the story, but surely that can't be right? Surely?!

Or is Ken Clarke just so wildly unpopular with some Tories that it's a case of any excuse to drop him in it?

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 06-Oct-11 18:06:19

I think Ken's role is to be controversial. He's too old to be a threat to the leadership and couldn't be accused of leading a split. Not popular with the right wing of the party because of his unnatural tendencies to Europhilia, but other tory supporters like the irreverence.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now