Talk

Advanced search

OK so I know it is a little early to be asking this...

(14 Posts)
LDNmummy Mon 15-Aug-11 23:21:01

but who will you be voting for at the next general election?

I am a Labour supporter but not sure how I feel about Ed Miliband if I am honest.

Definitely not voting Conservative or Lib Dem, never have and never will.

Green party would be my second choice.

madhattershouse Mon 15-Aug-11 23:22:29

Wish there was a bloody choice! Conservative, almost conservative or labour!! sad

Shinyshoes1 Mon 15-Aug-11 23:23:24

Tory, I voted them the last GA and would vote for them again if there were a GA tomorrow

LDNmummy Mon 15-Aug-11 23:32:00

Oh shineyshoes1 for shame

<shakes head despairingly>

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 16-Aug-11 06:26:16

I'd vote conservative again, no problem. I'll be happier, obviously, if by 2015 the economy is back in good growth, they review taxation... and I really want to see IDS's welfare reforms come into play. I think, if we'd had Labour in charge this last year, we'd either have ended up like the Eurozone countries, penalised for overspending, or they'd have had to make the exact same cuts. FWIW I don't think you'll be asked to vote for Miliband. I think there will be a new Labour leader by then.

claig Tue 16-Aug-11 08:58:29

I will be voting Conservative unless they start to mess up.

The alternatives I am considering are the Labour party and the Monster Raving Loony Party. I have been listening to them both carefully, and so far have formed the impression that the Loony party have the stronger policies - they are listening, starting a real conversation, they are all ears and are asking questions. Labour's political slogan is "a better future", but unfortunately we have seen the past, so I think the Loonies are more for real.

claig Tue 16-Aug-11 09:21:33

Only a real loony would blame the rioting and looting of the scrotes on cuts to EMA. Some people have done so, but I don't think any Loony Party officials have.

niceguy2 Tue 16-Aug-11 10:03:40

LDNMummy, it's interesting you say you are a Labour supporter yet to date since the general election they haven't appeared to have put forward one policy.

So what is it you "support"? Yes, they are doing a policy review which must be the longest in history. It makes me laugh how over a year later they are still using saying "Yes we need cuts....", oppose every cut the Tories push through whilst not offering any alternatives themselves.

At least with the Tories we know where we are. Whether you think it's sensible or crazy is a matter of opinion. With Labour you've no real way to know what you'd be voting for.

And Lib Dems....well...I used to think they were a credible alternative. Especially after seeing Clegg on the leaders debate. I thought their stance on tuition fees was very sensible and almost voted for them. Glad I didn't as I don't like a party who not only breaks their election pledges but actually goes the complete opposite.

TimeWasting Tue 16-Aug-11 10:09:17

I've never been a Labour supporter, but actually would consider voting for Milliband.
Lib Dems were painfully absent at the last local elections and I'm not really feeling the love anymore, and we don't generally get a Green Candidate around here which would be my preference.

SaulGood Tue 16-Aug-11 10:15:38

Labour.

LDNmummy Tue 16-Aug-11 13:14:22

niceguy2 I am off out in a bit but will get back to you later.

ttosca Tue 16-Aug-11 15:24:43

niceguy

I notice you didn't answer my question on the "You have to laugh or you would cry" (I think) thread regarding whom you are supposed to vote for when "they're all at it" - referring to corruption/criminality.

So I guess your answer, then, is to vote for the Tories, despite the fact they engage in criminal behaviour and are self-serving and corrupt - they most members of Parliament. Is that right?

EdithWeston Tue 16-Aug-11 15:27:10

Unless/until any parties start putting forward their alternatives, I'd find it impossible to say.

Anyone know how long this drafted Labour policy review is going to take? Can't evaluate, let alone support, a vacuum.

aquashiv Tue 16-Aug-11 21:31:02

You need to ask the Sun they normally decide for the country.
Depressing but true...too many people dont care about politics and take the easy approach to a political opinion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now