Talk

Advanced search

£1.4bn rail deal boss's links to Prime Minister, Quell Surpise.

(7 Posts)
Tortington Sat 06-Aug-11 14:12:51

jobs for your friends

tiredemma Sat 06-Aug-11 14:19:42

Custardo are you on facebook? There is a group called 'nobody likes a tory' it's right up your street. I've joined because I fucking hate the Tories, they would love your links!!!!!

Tortington Sat 06-Aug-11 14:25:44

yes yes its wehre i get most my info from! wink

tiredemma Sat 06-Aug-11 14:28:24

Great minds think alike!

Solopower Sun 07-Aug-11 08:20:28

Michael and David sitting in a tree,
Kay Eye Es Es Eye En Gee!

All I can say.

Solopower Sun 07-Aug-11 08:47:11

Sorry. blush

I am sure they honestly believe there is no conflict of interests. But because it's such a close-knit group who make these decisions and award the contracts, they are bound to choose someone they know and trust, rather than an outsider. It seems to be a dangerous, self-serving clique who are in charge - most of whom we have never heard of, and certainly never voted for. They influence everything from what food we eat to what sort of view we get from our windows.

It's not fair, I agree, Custardo. But how can you stop it? It's everywhere. I got my first job through someone I knew at uni. That's the reason people send their children to private schools and want them to go to Oxbridge - in order to make the right connections. A plumber would give his best mate a job in his firm rather than go through the advertising, interviewing etc process. And things are no different now from how they have always been, I don't think.

newwave Mon 08-Aug-11 21:08:46

Usual brown envelope brigade, I wonder if they give money to the Tory party

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now