Talk

Advanced search

Public sector workers need 'discipline and fear', says Oliver Letwin

(154 Posts)
Tortington Sat 30-Jul-11 23:40:25

oliver letwin

Tortington Sat 30-Jul-11 23:45:49

yeah you public sector leeches, probably some company that a friend of a friend of oliver letwin owns that he met at eton or some public school bathroom, stuck a finger up his arse and shook his left leg in a masonic way, then they patted each other on the back and realised that by diverting your tax money and calling it a shake up that they could all get richer off it the tory cunts

probably.

DH works for a council that is absolutley slashing departments ruthlessly. and i ws redundant for 6 months earlier this year. discipline and fear doesn't make us work harder int he public sector.

why do we work int he public sector#:?

over to you

TheFarSide Sat 30-Jul-11 23:48:24

I read the article then felt annoyed with myself for wasting time on this twat. What he says is so idiotic that I don't see any point debating it.

KoolAidKid Sat 30-Jul-11 23:49:34

yes thats exactly what public sector workers need. to be shit scared of losing their jobs and stressed up to the eyeballs. that'll really improve outcomes hmm

VivaLeBeaver Sat 30-Jul-11 23:51:43

There is a big public setor conference this year titled; valuing workers, improving outcomes. Obviously that train of thought bypassed letwin.

timidviper Sat 30-Jul-11 23:52:18

"If you have diversity of provision and personal choice and power, some providers will be better and some worse. Inevitably, some will not, whether it's because they can't attract the patient or the pupil, for example, or because they can't get results and hence can't get paid. Some will not survive. It is an inevitable and intended consequence of what we are talking about."
How does this square with Cameron assuring us that he does not intend privatising the NHS? Tory trustworthiness on show again!

I wonder if there is a collective noun for twats?!

northender Sat 30-Jul-11 23:55:09

dh and I are both public sector workers. I can't begin to put into words how articles like this make me feelangryangryangry. The tories have achieved such a coup by making public sector workers so despised that we are now an easy target and no matter what we do to try and defend our pay/conditions/pension, public support will be minimal. Oliver Letwin is just one of a number of Tories I cannot abide.

Scarletbanner Sat 30-Jul-11 23:57:48

They really hate the public sector, don't they. Strange really, as they are public "servants" too. It just shows that they have no experience of the real world and don't use the same services we non-millionaire mortals do. Letwin after all famously said that he would rather beg on the streets than send his dc to his local inner city comprehensive. Nice to have the choice. The man is a dangerous idiot.

Tortington Sun 31-Jul-11 00:12:39

collective noun for twats

Tory

a Tory of twats

northender Sun 31-Jul-11 00:16:39

dh and I watched Jacob Rhys Mogg MP on Newsnight I think on Thursday and wondered who exactly he could possibly truly represent. I feel the same about Letwin and others.

Tortington Sun 31-Jul-11 00:29:42

"Letwin was speaking at the launch of a liberal thinktank's report at the London headquarters of KPMG, one of the biggest recipients of government cash, which won the first contract for NHS commissioning following the decision to scrap primary care trusts and further open the health service to private companies."

i don';t know who these are or what this means can someone explain please?

Scarletbanner Sun 31-Jul-11 08:16:22

Govt's plans for commissioning in the NHS are to introduce competition, which has the effect of a) reducing co-operation and b) making lots of Tory-supporting businessmen very rich. Like I care which hospital I'm sent to if I have a stroke: I want to go to the clinically best one, not the cheapest. See here

mumblechum1 Sun 31-Jul-11 08:19:25

grin at Custy's a Tory of Twats

mablemurple Sun 31-Jul-11 08:57:08

Love Tory of Twats grin.

Yet more proof, as if we needed it, that the only thing that matters to Tories is £££. They are desperate to take this country back to Victorian times. Letwin needs reminding that he is talking about human beings, not robotised units of production.
How would we measure MPs productivity, I wonder?

Scarletbanner Sun 31-Jul-11 09:14:39

A Cabinet of twats? An Eton? And what would be a good collective noun for Tories? A slick? A greed? A disdain?

tiredemma Sun 31-Jul-11 09:24:06

I do wish that the entire Tory party would just drown in giant vat of piss.

Im a public sector worker. I cant work any harder than I already do. Get real Letwin you tory ponce.

crazynanna Sun 31-Jul-11 09:34:14

Loving a Tory of Twats grin

A Party of Pricks

I have some fab ones,but they will only end up as Message Deleted fodder.

Tortington Sun 31-Jul-11 10:43:19

tiredemma Sun 31-Jul-11 09:24:06
I do wish that the entire Tory party would just drown in giant vat of piss.

indeed

ChristinedePizan Sun 31-Jul-11 10:46:20

I used to work with Letwin before he became an MP. We always thought he was unbelievably thick and it has always amazed me that anyone takes him seriously

Tortington Sun 31-Jul-11 10:48:31

it's clearly part of the job description

noddyholder Sun 31-Jul-11 10:50:09

This time round the tories seem even more brazen in their stance that the 'workers' need to be managed and kept in their place! Tossers

sockpoppet Sun 31-Jul-11 10:53:29

Knobber. Only 4 more years to go, unless Cleggy grows some and brings down the government.

iklboo Sun 31-Jul-11 10:56:31

The Cuntservative Party strike again!

crazynanna Sun 31-Jul-11 10:57:57

I have nightmares about that sockpoppet. I have these terrible dreams of a cloaked figure saying to me in a deep slowed down voice..."only 4 more yeeeaaarrs!" shock I awaken soaked in my own sweat.

corblimeymadam Sun 31-Jul-11 11:00:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now