Talk

Advanced search

tax credit change from april 2011 limit down to £40k my dh earns £44 will we owe april,may and june money?

(10 Posts)
tinkbig Sun 12-Jun-11 13:27:40

hi

hubby earms £44 so over the £40k limit since april
have received renewal will we owe tax credits we received april-june
which would be £100

newwave Sun 12-Jun-11 17:33:40

Never mind, the bankers bonuses are ok so that should be a comfort to you.

Same old Tories, same old lies

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 13-Jun-11 11:14:19

I'm surprised you were still awarded tax credits, to be honest. In my case, the simply assumed that I had the same salary as the previous year and stopped the CTC from April. I shall miss the £40/month a little but, as a conscientious conservative voter, feel far happier that the money is staying in the public purse and being used for people/causes with more pressing needs. Never understood why Brown thought people on <£55k needed cash benefits in the first place... cynical vote-buying? Same old Labour, same old making free with other people's money...

stressheaderic Mon 13-Jun-11 11:17:37

I'm surprised they carried on paying it out too. Not sure about whether they will be owed or not.
Does anyone know if the limit is £40k exactly? We earnd £40,029 last year sad

PaperView Mon 13-Jun-11 11:18:33

Yes probably. and rightly so imo.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 13-Jun-11 11:47:37

Best way to check is to run your income and other details through something like this handy Benefits Checker. I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate but it's a good way to judge if you've been awarded the right sort of amount.

tinkbig Mon 13-Jun-11 13:27:59

cheers

have tried 2 phone no luck getting through grrrr

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 13-Jun-11 13:30:46

If you've submitted your tax credit renewal form with the correct information, they will eventually work out that you no longer qualify. No point hanging on the phone, wasting time. In the meantime, put any payments you receive in a savings account. When they ask for a refund you will a) have the money available and b) have earned a peny or three interest.

tinkbig Mon 13-Jun-11 13:48:54

i havent had a form to fill out
on form have to check that personal circumstances are correct
then to phone in if amount we earn is above 40k cutoff
so have no choice but to phone

tinkbig Mon 13-Jun-11 14:33:34

well got through have told them

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: