Talk

Advanced search

Tuition Fees - Crunch time?

(4 Posts)
WhoKnew2010 Sun 21-Nov-10 15:34:18

See here

Looks like the negotiations are coming to a conclusion - just in time for Wednesday's demonstration.

So Nick Clegg 'back-me-or-sack-me ultimatum'- any ideas on how this will all play out?

What would you do?

gingercat12 Sun 21-Nov-10 17:48:21

That is a fascinating article, but unfortunately based on the assumption that it is in Cameron's interest to dissolve the coalition.

I also thought so many of the Lib Dem MPs were in government that there is no real opposition in the Parliamentary Party.

I am not a lying politician, so I would just hope the ground would swallow me if I was them at the minute.

dotnet Mon 22-Nov-10 09:28:23

It is a relief, at least, that quite a number of Liberal Democrat MPs ARE willing to stick by their principles. Very glad, and not at all surprised, that Charles Kennedy is one of them. I hope MNers in LibDem constituencies who despise Nick Clegg's new stance on tuition fees have written to their MP with their views.
I think and hope that it will all come tumbling down and the tuition fees thing won't go through. If there's any justice in this world, that's what'll happen. If not, the generation of teenagers growing up now will KNOW that our generation shafted them big-time (and after all the privileges we enjoyed as students as well.)

WhoKnew2010 Mon 22-Nov-10 11:56:56

Well said both of you. Ginger, I agree I'm grasping at straws ...

My MP (the Lib Dem Universities Spokesman) must be getting very bored of my emails!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now