Talk

Advanced search

NUS thugs must be arrested and thrown out of their unis

(114 Posts)
longfingernails Wed 10-Nov-10 17:11:29

Criminal damage, arson, assualt - even attempted murder (throwing a fire extinguisher into the crowd from the roof). This is unacceptable behaviour.

I am disappointed that the police didn't have a grip on the situation.

The only good thing to come out of all this is that it will totally undermine support for the NUS and Labour. The new solution isn't perfect but takes all the important steps. It is a vast improvement on the current situation.

Biscuitscoco Wed 10-Nov-10 18:02:01

This will increase support for the anti-government feeling.

They are not thugs they are students (people's children). They are standing up for their beliefs. You just want to whip up feeling against them because you are a reactionary Tory.

Are you Gove (or his minion)?

longfingernails Wed 10-Nov-10 18:07:56

There is nothing wrong with protesting, peacefully.

Invading private property, breaking glass, arson, and attempted murder are "standing up for their beliefs"? Well, I think their beliefs are rather mistaken then.

I will draw the line at the right of democratic protest well before that, thank you very much.

And no, I am not Gove or his minion, though I think his ideas are superb. The teachers' unions are even more damaging to Britain than the RMT, in my opinion.

sarah293 Wed 10-Nov-10 18:09:06

Message withdrawn

BooBooGlass Wed 10-Nov-10 18:09:26

OP, your last paragraph is so wrong it's funny

Biscuitscoco Wed 10-Nov-10 18:13:35

Agree with Riven and BBG.

Come on OP ... you are Gove's assistant aintcher?

longfingernails Wed 10-Nov-10 18:16:11

Riven Well they look like students to me.

www.elpais.com/fotogaleria/Asalto/sede/Tories/elpg al/20101110elpepuint_2/Zes/2

BooBooGlass Wed 10-Nov-10 18:17:46

O yes, I can spot a student at ten paces me hmm
Anyway they can't be students. Not a single Jack Wills hoody in sight.

longfingernails Wed 10-Nov-10 18:18:18

If I were Gove's assistant, I would be trying my best to help our children by breaking the NUT and NASUWT, instead of talking about politics on MN!

No, the reality is that I have a fairly ordinary (though economically productive) job in the private sector.

sarah293 Wed 10-Nov-10 18:18:28

Message withdrawn

Biscuitscoco Wed 10-Nov-10 18:21:34

Well good job your talents are confined to putting the Tory viewpoint on Mumsnet then Longnails!

GrimmaTheNome Wed 10-Nov-10 18:21:41

From the radio report it sounded as though thugs (whether students or not) were spoiling what should have been a peaceful demo. They interviewed a nice girl student who was going home because of the nastiness. sad

longfingernails Wed 10-Nov-10 18:21:51

Well they are the right age to be students, certainly. Given it was at a NUS demo, attended by tens of thousands of students, it is not a massive leap of faith to suppose that they are students!

BelligerentGhoul Wed 10-Nov-10 18:25:10

Tra la la.

tigerchilli Wed 10-Nov-10 18:25:12

It's hardly Armageddon shock I don't normally condone damage and violence but a lot of young people voted LibDem(my daughter included and never again - she says) and feel betrayed.

StayFrosty Wed 10-Nov-10 18:28:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tigerchilli Wed 10-Nov-10 18:29:46

"Perhaps they were members of the Bullingdon club."

grin

longfingernails Wed 10-Nov-10 18:32:48

The multicolour scarves, dodgy haircuts, Converse-style trainers and upturned jeans add weight to my hypothesis wink

BooBooGlass Wed 10-Nov-10 18:35:11

Don't worry longfingernails, if you have your way there'll be 2 very distinct student uniforms, the Bullingdon Club tie at one end and the dirty, hungry-looking folk in rags at the other

MaMoTTaT Wed 10-Nov-10 18:37:00

"they're the right age for students"

PMSL - I have a NUS card - bet you wouldn't guess I was a student if you saw me walking down the street, especially if I had my DS's in tow.

MaMoTTaT Wed 10-Nov-10 18:38:52

"Converse-style trainers and upturned jeans add weight to my hypothesis"

bugger x posted with you - maybe you would then as if I'm wearing my converse (pink as well) I have to turn my jeans up because I struggle to find jeans with short enough legs to wear with flats

sarah293 Wed 10-Nov-10 18:41:13

Message withdrawn

BelligerentGhoul Wed 10-Nov-10 18:43:06

Scary, Riven!

I seem to be shaking my head a lot at how bonkers things are lately.

Shakes head at OP.

longfingernails Wed 10-Nov-10 18:43:28

Riven That is an outrageous slur!

If I could be the voice of any newspaper, my choice would almost certainly be the Times.

SeaShellsOnTheSeaShore Wed 10-Nov-10 18:43:38

They are unlikely to be students-anarchists always turn up to these things

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: