Talk

Advanced search

Women broadcasters Radio and TV

(9 Posts)
GabbyLoggon Thu 05-Aug-10 14:30:37

I have taken a long-term interest in news and current affairs on radio and TV I like writing about broadcasters, so I will do some of the ladies I have been entertained and educated by over the years. it will be brief.

1 Germaine greer. Brainy, well informed.
impatient, shows off a lot. I always make a point of listening to her. Saw her once. A very good listener., privately.

Chil1234 Thu 05-Aug-10 16:14:11

(You will 'do' some of the ladies? Do?)

If you had actually called brainy well-informed Germaine Greer a 'lady' when she was listening to you..... privately (???)... then she'd have probably knocked your head off for being so patronising.

GabbyLoggon Thu 05-Aug-10 16:21:29

Chil Ms Greer would have accepted it as a gender remark. She does not do physical violence.

The figures suggest violence is a male game. 85,000 men in prison

6,000 women It seems fairly conclusive

Are you big enough to say SORRY, Chuck?

Chil1234 Thu 05-Aug-10 19:29:47

To someone with Germaine Greer's history the correct gender term would be a 'woman' - and you should know that if you have a 'long term interest in news and current affairs'. My assertion that she would have knocked your head off was an example of hyperbole... I feel no need to apologise. And who is Chuck?

walksfarwoman Tue 17-Aug-10 05:15:14

Yes Germaine, great woman, great writer, great commentator, great feminist Icon...not many left....who can name other?????

GabbyLoggon Wed 22-Dec-10 12:08:03

Ms Greer is too confident to bother about titles...

She had a quarrel with a fellow jorno And GG said this lady wore "F+ck me" shoes

thats more relevant than titles

Valpollicella Wed 22-Dec-10 12:12:53

Are you on school holidays again Gabby?

GabbyLoggon Thu 23-Dec-10 14:15:09

No, and I am wearing flat heels.

jkklpu Wed 29-Dec-10 21:03:16

Wel,, it's certainly brief - only one name so far

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now