Talk

Advanced search

Healthcare Podcast Recommendations

(3 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

lmj011727 Fri 28-Jun-19 13:22:18

Hi all! Loving this community after the responses I got about my stress. I feel like I belong!

Since people shared their pieces of advice to me as well as personal experience, I also want to share my current source of strength as a carer and mother of a child with LD. Recently I'm into online content, podcasts and documentaries.

Here are some of what I enjoy:
bit.ly/State_Of_Care_Podcast_EP1
bit.ly/State_Of_Care_Podcast_EP2
bit.ly/State_Of_Care_Podocast_Ep3

Drop your fave and helpful podcasts too so that we can all learn and feel the support. Thanks!

LouMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 02-Jul-19 13:20:56

Hi OP.

Thanks for those recommendations.

We're nipping onto your thread and bumping it in the hope that folk offer some of theirs too.

flowers

LittleLebowski Wed 03-Jul-19 18:48:29

Sorry - not a lot of traffic on the podcast board, otherwise I'd check in more often!
I don't know State of Care - I'll check it out. Tbh, I don't really have many recommends for tips - healthcare wise though, I don't think you can beat Radio 4! Health check and Inside Health are really good for keeping up with latest research etc and All in the Mind centres on mental health. I've been going on about getting a mental health first aider at work only since it was spoken about in an episode. I also really rate File on 4 and Analysis for really understanding current affairs issues you may not fully grasp the ins and outs of. They're all 30 mins, which is a nice length if you don't have much time. Also, I like to have a UK focus.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »