Talk

Advanced search

recommend me some "story and finish" podcasts

(7 Posts)
DonkeyHohtay Wed 08-May-19 19:47:30

Not really explaining myself well - i like podcasts which tell a story over however many episodes and then finish. Not a fan of things like "no such thing as a fish" which have a new episode each week. More Line of Duty than Eastenders.

I listen to a lot of podcasts and seem to have listened to all the good stuff - Serial, S Town, Teacher's Pet, Death in Ice Valley, Someone knows something (well, the first two seasons then I got bored), Finding Cleo, Atlanta Monster, Up and Vanished, The Dropout, the one about Monica Lewinsky, Paradise, Doorstep Murders. Also currently listening to the Blackout drama podcast which is good too.

Any recommendations? Not keen on comedy, Prefer current affairs, missing people, drama,

LittleLebowski Fri 10-May-19 16:01:53

Did you do the other BBC ones? Waco - End of Days, the Ratline and The Fall of the Shah? The last two had drama elements mixed in. The Caliphate was excellent - an American journalist's dealings with ISIS. Dear John, Over my Dead Body, Broken Harts, Dr Death, Who the Hell is Hamish?, are all true crime type/missing people as is Live and Let Die in LA.
I enjoyed The Dream, which was about the MLM world and its origins. The Gateway, which is about the internet self-help guru Teal Swan and Unbelieved, which is about Larry Nassar and the American gymnasts' abuse. Hard to listen to, but very good. They all come to a close as you say, not all very satisfactorily, but with an end of sorts.

DonkeyHohtay Fri 10-May-19 17:12:22

Yes to End of Days - that one was excellent. Tried the one about the Shah but wasn't keen, will listen to ratline.

I also saw a new one advertised today about the Innes Ewart case so have downloaded that. Unbelieved was excellent, although disturbing.

SinisterBumFacedCat Fri 17-May-19 12:05:05

Shreds on BBC sounds is very good. It’s about the Cardiff five and the murder of Lynette White. In depth and sensitive.

MaiaRindell Tue 21-May-19 18:00:58

I have listened to most of the ones you have mentioned. I also enjoyed Dr Death, Who the hell is Hamish, Business Wars, The Dream and just started The Lady Vanishes

LittleLebowski Fri 24-May-19 18:34:15

Thanks - devoured the Innes Ewart BBC one on that recommendation! Just started Wondery's new one "The Shrink next door", which is very good too.

DonkeyHohtay Wed 29-May-19 10:42:25

These are all ones I'm listening to as well!

I found the strange death of innes ewart very unsatisfying, lots of what ifs but no answers at all really.

Also loving at the moment "The Lady Vanishes" which is an Australian one about a woman who walked out of her life 22 years ago and hasn't been seen since. It's not really a murder one as nobody knows what happened.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »