Talk

Advanced search

How do you listen?

(6 Posts)
tobee Thu 20-Sep-18 17:20:06

I listen on my iTunes app because it's there really! But I find the layout annoying. Podcast episodes usually listed in backwards chronological order etc.

So I wondered if different apps are better. I'm just having an experimental look at another one.

LittleLebowski Thu 20-Sep-18 20:40:56

Hi tobee - I did use Stitcher, but found it hard to navigate and find things - not unlike Netflix! I now have Cast Box, I paid £1 for the upgraded one without so many ads. You can select the order of episodes, but I only worked that out recently! I've also taken to listening to podcasts at 1.3 speed. I read somewhere that it was a good way to through podcasts faster as when things are scripted people speak slower!

tobee Thu 20-Sep-18 22:30:25

Great, thanks for the reply.

A accidentally listened to many episodes of a podcast at 1.5 speed. blushI was very confused that time was going so fast! grin

I shall check out Cast Box!

GoneWishing Tue 09-Oct-18 12:52:57

I mostly listen on Spotify on my PC - but I have a Spotify subsription anyway for music, and sit on the PC a lot.

If I'm travelling, and want to download episodes on my phone (or listen to something that's not on Spotify), I know use the Pocket Casts app.

GoneWishing Tue 09-Oct-18 12:53:48

*now, not know... hmm

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Wed 07-Nov-18 10:11:51

I'm new to podcasts but totally addicted.
I listen while walking and it makes me want to get out there so that I can catch the next episode.

I use Castbox. I like the format of it but it did take me a while to actually find the Download button!
Under Details it suggests other podcasts that subscribers like which is a great way of finding new stuff.
I download onto SD card on my phone and you can set to auto delete once you have listened to it.

@LittleLebowski I haven't found Ads to be that intrusive. Are there any other benefits to upgrade on castbox?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »