Talk

Advanced search

Personal story podcasts

(3 Posts)
rosybell Thu 09-Aug-18 16:01:49

So I love Griefcast and Terrible, thanks for asking which both feature people telling their sad/ traumatic/ inspirational /heartbreaking stories.

Any other podcasts along this theme that anyone can recommend?

LittleLebowski Fri 10-Aug-18 21:51:35

I have recently come across The Backstory thebackstorypodcast.co.uk which has someone telling the story of an event or background that has impacted them. I think it was nominated for an award this year. They have a follow-up episode each week discussing the previous story, a bit like they did with Serial. Grace Dent presents The Untold on the BBC www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06wkdzd/episodes/downloads which has had some very touching stories - for example one Irish woman telling the story of her termination to coincide with the referendum a while ago. Anna Sale does Death, Sex and Money www.wnycstudios.org/shows/deathsexmoney which is a mix of personal stories on the death/sex/money themes and also pretty revealing interviews with well-known people - I really enjoyed the one with Alec Baldwin. Maybe one of these might be up your street. I like these type of podcasts too.

rosybell Sat 11-Aug-18 10:09:58

Thank you so much- I hadn't heard of any of these and looking forward to checking them out!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: