Talk

Advanced search

Science podcasts

(12 Posts)
GeekyBlinders Thu 12-Apr-18 20:55:38

Anyone got any science podcast recommendations? I love The Curious Cases of Rutherford and Fry, and Infinite Monkey Cage, does anyone know of any others?

Podcastingmum Mon 16-Apr-18 14:13:43

Have you tried Radiolab?

CoughArghCoughArghCough Fri 20-Apr-18 00:57:30

Science(ish) is my favourite at the moment, love Infinite Monkey Cage too smile
Flash Foward is slightly further down my list but it does have some interesting episodes.

cariadlet Sun 29-Apr-18 16:33:44

The Infinite Monkey Cage is probably my favourite, but I also listen to BBC Inside Science and The Life Scientific.

Some of the episodes of In Our Time and Stuff You Should Know are around science topics. I've subscribed to Science Shambles but I haven't listened to it yet so I don't know how good it is.

Stuff to Blow Your Mind is really good. It tends to start with something from science fiction, mythology or history, but then looks at the science behind it.

LittleOrphanFunkhouser Fri 11-May-18 15:28:19

Check out the Skeptics Guide to the Universe podcast, it is one of the longest running podcasts on the planet, and not only covers science stories, but also the art of critical thinking.

barneymcgroo Mon 21-May-18 04:21:21

I would second Radiolab.

redexpat Thu 31-May-18 20:49:18

Ive just discovered a rather good psychology podcast called Inside Brain. Huge variety of topics covered.

redexpat Fri 01-Jun-18 23:33:04

*Hidden Brain

cariadlet Sun 17-Jun-18 10:56:14

I've recently come across 2 more science podcasts: A Neuroscientist Explains and The Story Collider.

I'd also second redexpat's recommendation of Hidden Brain.

LittleLebowski Sat 30-Jun-18 06:50:22

I love Hidden Brain and Radiolab too - the current episodes about reproduction and supergonads are fascinating!
Radio 4s Inside Science is usually very good and rounds up latest research. If you're interested in medical developments, Health Check (Radio 4 again) is good. There are some great science podcasts for kids too - I stick 'Brains On' or 'Tumble' episodes on for car journeys sometimes and learn alot myself.

DataMat Wed 26-Sep-18 21:40:22

OK not exclusively science based, but Mission Log (Star Trek) is a great podcast show. They basically cover every episode of the shows and movies examine the morals, meanings and messages of each production. It's very good!

Loopytiles Mon 25-Mar-19 19:55:07

Life Scientific

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »