Talk

Advanced search

Crime podcasts!

(95 Posts)
SneakyGremlins Thu 12-Apr-18 16:26:56

Any suggestions? smile

Pickybrow Thu 12-Apr-18 17:23:10

Loving the new space!
If you like humour with your crime I would give All Killa No Filla a go.

Gladys123 Thu 12-Apr-18 18:35:36

My favorite murder is good. Also last podcast on the left.

redexpat Thu 12-Apr-18 18:53:27

Serial!
Not quite crime but s town is also very gripping and mysterious. Made by the same people as serial.
There are some individual spisodes of ipm and this american life. Ipm had some episodes about the killing of elsie frost. This american life had one recently about the kidnapping of bobby dunbar.

LondonPainter Thu 12-Apr-18 19:39:46

Crime Writers On is good for tips

GeekyBlinders Thu 12-Apr-18 20:53:43

Casefile is good if you can bear his rather flat delivery.

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 14-Apr-18 09:20:21

Generation Why is pretty good. They go into quite detailed analysis and it's very conversational and easy listening. Gets me through the tedium of folding clothes.

ChiefClerkDrumknott Sat 14-Apr-18 13:23:26

Last Podcast On The Left is my favourite, although it's not for everyone. They cover the occult and conspiracy theories, too.

Generation Why is very thorough. I also like Casefile.

There's a BBC Radio 4 series called Who Killed Elsie Frost which is good.

There's also Someone Knows Something. The first series was the best one and there are ongoing updates. The most recent one was good but the sound editing was appalling and I almost stopped listening due to all the wet sniffling (if you've listened you'll know what I mean!). CBC Radio has a few about Native Canadians that are really good.

I tried My Favourite Murder but their utter lack of knowledge and inane chat got on my nerves.

I recently listened to a spoof crime podcast called Done Disappeared, it's hilarious! The takes on all the popular crime podcasts are spot on and recognisable. But you have to have listened to a few different to really get the humour and references. Worth a listen if you have.

IStillMissBlockbuster Sun 15-Apr-18 06:30:27

Untold: The Daniel Morgan Murder - absolutely incredible podcast

I'm enjoying Court Junkie as well

Black hands was really good

And the spoof: A very fatal murder

tobee Sun 15-Apr-18 15:01:41

I would advise using discretion though. I've read lots of true crime stuff over the years. Someone recommended The Vanishing podcast. I duly listened to episode one Jhessye Shockley and I found it fundamentally upsetting. Be aware!

IStillMissBlockbuster Sun 15-Apr-18 15:20:50

That's weird, I can't find The Vanishing tobee

SparklyMagpie Sun 15-Apr-18 20:04:16

@ChiefClerkDrumknott I was coming on to say last podcast on the left! I love them guys!especially Ben when reading creepy pastas 😂😂 agree it's not to everyone's taste though!

tobee Mon 16-Apr-18 00:53:49

Sorry it's The Vanished

tobee Mon 16-Apr-18 00:56:26

@IStillMissBlockbuster

Alright1613 Thu 19-Apr-18 21:28:47

Casefile it my favourite by far. I like the style, not too much faffing and talking about other stuff.

I like Real Crime Profile too.

Generation Why can be good as well.

There’s a new weekly one from the BBC world service called Death in ice valley that is shaping up to be a good one.

dirtyprettything Thu 26-Apr-18 12:46:09

I second Untold - brilliant podcast

Serial - the original and still one of the best

West Cork

They Walk Among Us

Dirty John

fopper Thu 26-Apr-18 13:30:58

Up And Vanished is quite good.

MonsoonMama Fri 27-Apr-18 19:31:46

Another vote for Untold - brilliant

ChiefClerkDrumknott Fri 27-Apr-18 22:14:18

I've downloaded Death In Ice Valley, will listen when I have a chance

SparklyMagpie Have you listened to Ben and Henry's latest short episodes? I'm enjoying their dynamic grin

cariadlet Sun 29-Apr-18 16:49:33

Ear Hustle is brilliant. It's very different from the typical true crime podcast. It doesn't take a particular crime and investigate it. Instead it's recorded inside San Quintin prison and has stories of life inside prison.

tobee Mon 30-Apr-18 14:37:41

Did anyone else have the problem when listening to Untold that it kept breaking off mid sentence for adverts? Including in what I think was Dutch?

IStillMissBlockbuster Mon 30-Apr-18 20:18:39

No I didn't experience that tobee! How strange.

falang Tue 01-May-18 20:27:04

Yes I had bizarre foreign adverts in mine as well.

squarecorners Tue 01-May-18 22:10:35

Great tips thanks

PsychedelicSheep Sun 27-May-18 17:45:16

Last podcast on the left is amazing! You have to be ok with shouty American blokey blokes but it is incredibly well researched.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »