Talk

Advanced search

Where was I before I was in your tummy ? Help !

(12 Posts)
DefNotYummyMummy Wed 28-Oct-09 18:33:44

Where were we before we were in our Mummy's tummy ? Any ideas from any religion/belief would be greatly received. My little boy is asking and I am not sure what to say. I keep on saying you were part of the 'plan', don't worry.

I'm in over my head here !

MrsBadger Wed 28-Oct-09 18:41:24

'I don't know, darling, can't you remember?'

DefNotYummyMummy Wed 28-Oct-09 18:42:38

Good one !

GrapefruitMoon Wed 28-Oct-09 19:04:15

Mine are always happy too be told they were angels in heaven (I don't actually believe that of course - devils in hell would be more appropriate!)

Pinkfluffyslippers Wed 28-Oct-09 20:45:16

I've always told DD (now 5) that she was in the BabyGarden in heaven before she was born. One day God came walking through the garden and asked who wanted to make a mummy v happy and she put up her hand and said "I do" - so God gave her the kiss of life, put her on the baby train and she was in my tummy until she popped out.!

Yes I know this is all a load of blah - but she still loves the story...

littlerach Wed 28-Oct-09 20:46:32

Dd1 told dd2 that she simply didn't exist!

Then elaborated and said she may have been floating around in space.

let me off the hook though grin

Adair Wed 28-Oct-09 20:49:11

another vote for
"I don't know, darling, what do you think?"

"oooh, maybe!"

ABatDead Wed 28-Oct-09 20:53:08

DSs asked us this question when 6 and 4 and we told them they were tiny little eggs in Mummy's tummy and always been there (true) but that they only grew when Daddy gave Mummy a really big cuddle (also true).

Biological accuracy was the best policy we felt.

rachels103 Wed 28-Oct-09 21:04:25

We told my ds that he was just a thought inside mummy and daddy's heads - not very biologically accurate admittedly but he caught us off guard!

DefNotYummyMummy Sat 31-Oct-09 13:05:15

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I def have something to go on now. Sounds stupid, but I forgot about the fact the my baby was an egg and had always been there. Also love the baby garden idea too. Very imaginative - I wish it were true as it sounds lovely !

Laughed out loud at your little devils comment too !

Thanks again. Feel relieved

aoifesmama Sat 31-Oct-09 13:10:41

I used to get told I was a twinkle in my mummy's eye and a sparkle in my daddy's. I thought this was great!

shonaspurtle Sat 31-Oct-09 13:18:43

I like the fact that girl embryos have all their eggs from a very early stage of development so in some sense (a part of him) was also in grandma's tummy!

A bit complex for a wee one though..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now