Talk

Advanced search

after having baby! Gardian angles

(14 Posts)
FluffyPumpkins Sat 24-Oct-09 15:05:13

I have 4 dc, and have had experiences after all but last.
examples are appliences being tuned on and hearing my name being called very clearly.

Its strange that this happend with the first three but not my youngest and she has ongoing health problems, was it their gardian angles communicating with me?

does dd2 not have one and thats why she has problems, am i her "gardian" who has to watch over her?

can anyone shed some light on this?
thank you.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 24-Oct-09 16:58:11

There are no such things as "guardian angels", the rest is coincidental/imaginary.

But I'm sorry to hear of your dds problems.

FluffyPumpkins Sat 24-Oct-09 23:47:25

guardian angles

what a dunce I can spell (Honest!)

Why do you say that oldlady?

LauraIngallsWilder Sat 24-Oct-09 23:52:24

guardian angels

I dont think there is such a thing either tbh

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 25-Oct-09 00:14:34

Well, FluffyPumpkins, because I don't believe in angels of any variety, and I certainly don't believe that having, or not having, a guardian angel would make any difference to your DD.

I think if such notions give you comfort, that's all well and good, and I don't know the nature of your DD's problems, but it seems as if you feel you've somehow failed her?

FluffyPumpkins Sun 25-Oct-09 00:21:48

you could be right, I just feel really rubbish not knowing what the future holds for her..

it was just something somebody said to me about angles. and i dont usually believe in these things.

FlappyTheBat Sun 25-Oct-09 00:25:53

Sorry, it is guardian angels not gardian angles - there might be such a thing, I personally don't believe in them but if you do and it helps then I would continue believing in them.

FluffyPumpkins Sun 25-Oct-09 00:27:10

yes i did correct myself on that.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 25-Oct-09 00:36:21

I can see that it's an appealing notion in many ways, but if you didn't believe before there's no reason to start now.

Do you mind telling us more about your DD's problems? Do you think you somehow caused them?

FluffyPumpkins Sun 25-Oct-09 00:46:53

she has neuromuscular disorder, No I dont blame myself as its a hit and miss condition.
just wish i knew all the answers about her condition..the paediatrican wants to be sure what kind before she starts any meds..
and things are a bit hard for her.

just was trying to find some comfort as to why!

waitingforbedtime Sun 25-Oct-09 00:53:26

Hope she is ok.

As it happens I DO believe in guardian angels. Im not especially spiritual but when ds was tiny he was hospitalised and they were talking about doing a lumbar puncture etc and I was beyond terrified. I sat watching him for hours sleeping (he wouldnt wake barely) and eventually I fell asleep (not for long!). I woke with a start panicking and looked over at his little plastic crib thing and it was rocking back and forth, no windows were open, it did it for abotu 15 minutes and then stopped and in the morning he was fine, docs never knew what caused it.

You never know, your dd may well have a guardian angel who is just a bit more silent.

Cant believe Ive written all this, I am so not usually one to believe in thsi kind of thing!

FluffyPumpkins Sun 25-Oct-09 00:55:35

Thanks WFBT

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 25-Oct-09 01:01:40

I'm sorry for her troubles, FluffyPumpkins; I suppose it'll take time to find out the full prognosis, and that must be a hard time for both of you. But I don't think it's down to angels - surely angels would attend a sick child, not hang around healthy ones?

FluffyPumpkins Sun 25-Oct-09 01:05:23

thank you OLKN. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now