Talk

Advanced search

DS keeps talking about "Grandad"

(3 Posts)
FlameWithTooManyHormones Fri 09-Oct-09 20:38:56

he doesn't have a grandad. He has a "grumps" and a "dad" (more commonly known as "daddy's father" as neither of us have ever settled very well with calling a grandparent dad).

He talks about Grandad's house.

He is too young to have remembered my Grandads. We thought it might be his friend's but he is adamant it isn't. It doesn't appear to be a tv based one...

I am at a bit of a loss of what to do as he really wants to go to Grandad's house . I am wondering if it is my mum's dad (died a couple of years ago). My grandad was besotted with him, and has seemed to be "around" a lot since dying (most clear to me the night I was rushing DS to hospital after a fit).

Any suggestions?

(I am posting in religion/spirituality for a reason and it is not for a proof in afterlife debate)

purepurple Sat 10-Oct-09 13:10:17

Well, maybe he is visited by your Grandad.
I look after children and one 3 year old used to talk about a 'grandma' and how she used sit on her bed. Her family could hear her chatting away to her. They asked her who she was talking to She described a woman with a bad knee. She was describing her Great Grandmother, whom she never knew.
The strange thing was that her identical twin sister didn't experience the same thing.
Have you got any photos of your grandad or his house?

FlameWithTooManyHormones Sat 10-Oct-09 22:07:28

I'm gonna sit with him and some photos tomorrow I think

Weird with the other twin not seeing/knowing anything! You'd think they would be the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now