Advanced search

oh crap, I've just broken a mirror. Come and talk rationally to me...

(8 Posts)
reikizen Tue 29-Sep-09 17:09:33

Oh bloody hell, I am not into hocus pocus but I feel irrationally worried about it sad Tell me it is annoying but meaningless!

Hassled Tue 29-Sep-09 17:11:34

It's glass with clever stuff done to it. And by clever stuff, I'm not talking magic or witchcraft. The glass wasn't turned into a mirror by evil sprites. It was done in a factory by someone with dodgy tattoos called Dave. Dave doesn't have the power to blight your life because you've broken it.

Does that help?

CuckingFunt Tue 29-Sep-09 17:11:51

Get a grip. You're a grown woman.

Only an idiot would believe that it is possible to incur bad luck (or anything else) through breaking a mirror.

reikizen Tue 29-Sep-09 17:18:53

Harsh but fair. Just what I needed. Love the idea of Dave the mirror maker blighting random strangers lives grin

YouLukaStunning Tue 29-Sep-09 17:20:32

It is just a mirror.....It is just a mirror..... It is just a mirror.....

KayHarkerIsKayHarker Tue 29-Sep-09 17:20:53

You have tidied up, haven't you? Those little shards of mirror glass are really nasty. They don't mean to be, obviously, but ouch if you get one through a fingertip.

YouLukaStunning Tue 29-Sep-09 17:49:13

Lol at the poor misunderstood shards of glass not meaning to be nasty

LadyoftheBathtub Tue 29-Sep-09 17:51:35

The way to deal with these irrational worries or OC-type concerns is to make up a new piece of superstitious bunkum (after all, they are all made up to start with) so for example, you broke a mirror - but did you know its not bad luck if it happens on a Tuesday? In fact it's good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now