Talk

Advanced search

I hope this isn't a faux pas but please...

(10 Posts)
Helium Fri 25-Sep-09 21:33:52

Could I ask you to pray, think positive thoughts or whatever you like to do for this lady;

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/gloucestershireheadlines/91-year-old-seriously-injur ed-collision/article-1370063-detail/article.html

She's my Grandma. Very fit and healthy previously (probably in better shape than me!) but she (and our family) could do with anything extra.

Thankyou.

southeastastra Fri 25-Sep-09 21:36:25

here

positiveattitudeonly Sat 26-Sep-09 09:24:17

No Faux-pas at all, So sorry that your Grandma has been involved in such a bad accident.sad How are things now? I hope you dont mind if I ask the lovely ladies on the prayer thread to come and have a look. You are guaranteed prayers and they are all lovely! smile
Here's the thread, if you wanted to come over and say Hi and let us know how things are going - here

Prayers for your grandma and all your family.

Helium Sat 26-Sep-09 10:46:35

Thankyou that would be fantastic - didnt know it existed!
She's in intensive care - has had an epidural to repair her broken leg (as its a lower risk than general) plus it will help her to breathe less painfully. Her lung function is a worry as she has an air leak in her lung and having so many broken ribs means its so painful to breathe. It's really worrying. One Dr said she has less than 50% chance of survival because of her impaired lung function. There has been a suggestion that she may need her leg amputated. Other staff seem more positive and I keep thinking that less than 50% still could mean 49% which is quite good!!! Despite everything, when she is awake and able to talk she has been commenting that her house is easily wheelchair accessible - bless her so she is really in practical mode and positive too.
It seems so unfair and cruel given how healthy she kept herself.
I am also thinking of the person who knocked her down and they must be having a bit of a mare too.
Oh dear.
However some people who we dont know but who witnessed the accident have left lovely messages of support which have been so moving. It really makes you stop and appreciate how kind perfect strangers can be.

morningpaper Sat 26-Sep-09 10:49:15

your poor grandma

thinking of you all xxx

DutchOma Sat 26-Sep-09 19:23:19

Thanks for the update Helium

positiveattitudeonly Sun 27-Sep-09 09:34:20

Hi Helium, Just dropping by to ask how things are going? Your Grandma sounds like a lovely lady with loads of positive attitude! - my kind of lady, look at my name!! grin

I really hope and pray that she is doing well and smiling!! smile
Still praying for you all.

sandcastles Sun 27-Sep-09 11:28:17

Your poor Grandma! It says in the comments in the link that the lady who hit didn't stop at a crossing, how awful! People just don't care/pay attention to pedestrians!

Thinking of your Grandma, I hope she make a good recovery!

HeliumBee Sun 27-Sep-09 22:41:10

Thanks again guys! Physically she seems like she's doing OK - well even! She seems to have gone rather awry mentally though - and is saying all sorts of weird (and often very funny!) things. I'm hoping it's the drugs...

positiveattitudeonly Tue 29-Sep-09 07:55:41

Any news to add Helium?

Still praying for you all.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now